• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet more religious brutality...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet more religious brutality...

Celine Dookhran killing: Tributes paid to 'beautiful girl' - BBC News

When will it end?...
    one day at a time

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    When we start doing something about beyond changing our Facebook pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      About the same time that people say "it's not terrorism if it's not political" and other such snowflakery.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not sure it's a religious matter - the story says she's been killed for being in a relationship with someone of the same religion but from a different country, which is racism or nationalism or some such.

Could be a sectarian thing, I suppose, like the Christians get up to in Northern Ireland.

Comment

Its a cultural rather than a religious issue.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Such as?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Its a cultural rather than a religious issue.
              Yes, right sky fairy, wrong tribe. Scary when it happens so close to home though. Hopefully this scumbag will get the hate-crime upgrade and never get out.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Not sure it's a religious matter - the story says she's been killed for being in a relationship with someone of the same religion but from a different country, which is racism or nationalism or some such.

Could be a sectarian thing, I suppose, like the Christians get up to in Northern Ireland.
                You are likely to be correct. This appears to be a "class" issue that exists in few religions. Converts are viewed as "lower class" in spite of their well funded active campaign to convert people. The reason being, converts did so to survive/to save themselves from death during invasion in the past. This view point still continues. It is possible that the boy was viewed as an inferior class even though they shared the same religion.

Comment

Working...
                X