• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All diesel and petrol car sales to be banned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    And chip fat powered cars?
    You can easily mix used frying oil with Diesel. Amounts depend on the exact type of engine

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      (Hindenburg vid)

Yes, spontaneous combustion is a slight risk, but driving is supposed to be a bit dangerous, where's the fun otherwise?
      As if petrol and LPG aren't flammable

Comment

Originally posted by DieselAndPetrolCar View Post
        Including me?
        Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        No. You're going now.
        Wow 1 minute.

Is that a record?

Also you have not updated the who has been banned thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          As if petrol and LPG aren't flammable
          Diesel isn't flammable, without heat & pressure.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by DieselAndPetrolCar View Post
            Including me?
            Beat me to it. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Diesel isn't flammable, without heat & pressure.
              Indeed I think it is the fumes which are flammable not so much the liquid?

Comment

You can easily mix used frying oil with Diesel. Amounts depend on the exact type of engine
                Or you can mix MF and suity for a similar effect.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Indeed I think it is the fumes which are flammable not so much the liquid?
                  I don't think so, not without heat and pressure. You can chuck a lit match in a bucket of diesel and it will just extinguish the match. (And fumes will be coming off the diesel).
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Only in old indirect Diesel engines. In a common rail Diesel, the high pressure will blow the joints in the injector system (eventually).
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

^This, all VW disel engines post 2000 can use it, before that many are using materials in their fuel lines (rubber seals and hoses) that are dissolved by the oil.

Or you can make your own Biodiesel in your garage using Esterification, all you need is a pair of barrels or if you aren't that much into the DIY you can something like this - BioBuddy - All-in-one biodiesel processor kit

Or a cheapo "home made" from e-bay - Biodiesel Processor: Other Business & Industrial | eBay

Comment

Working...
                      X