• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things that make you feel old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Euro launch was a nice little earner too.................
    though why they thought it would affect the OS i've no idea

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      You lot milked the tulip out of that one, respect.
      Indirectly I did.

In my first perm job they had to get rid of an old Microfocus reporting system.

I did the dev work to re-platform and then supported it for a few years, then went straight into contracting.

Its still my main technical skill I sell now
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Makes you feel old when you curl your hands up and yell 'Joeeey' at someone that's just said something stupid. You instantly realise...

1) No one probably remember who Joey was and why you are doing that.
        2) They world has moved on far enough for this to be incredibly offensive even if they remembered
        3) Even back in the day it was immature and childish.

There you are feeling old, incredibly stupid and totally ignorant in one fell swoop.
        It was Blue Peter's attempt at disability awareness, iirc. To be fair, we were about 8 back then. Well, I was...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Makes you feel old when you curl your hands up and yell 'Joeeey' at someone that's just said something stupid. You instantly realise...

1) No one probably remember who Joey was and why you are doing that.
          2) They world has moved on far enough for this to be incredibly offensive even if they remembered
          3) Even back in the day it was immature and childish.

There you are feeling old, incredibly stupid and totally ignorant in one fell swoop.
          Use "Ernie" instead, then no one will know what you are talking about
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            It was Blue Peter's attempt at disability awareness, iirc. To be fair, we were about 8 back then. Well, I was...
            Yeah me too - became the top insult for a few years until Gaylord became popular.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Ernie was his slightly less disabled mate who translated for him iirc?

Comment

Milkmen...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Milkmen...
                That's what NLyUK does.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Milkmen...

That was a particularly sad song!

Comment

Only Bert....

Comment

Reading the Video games thread made me feel old.

All those games I wasted my youth (and quite a few subsequent years) on.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X