• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things that make you feel old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Reading the Video games thread made me feel old.
    There is a very good reason it makes you feel old.......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Yeah me too - became the top insult for a few years until Gaylord became popular.

Ernie was his slightly less disabled mate who translated for him iirc?
      Yup.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Indeed I got paid a lot of money (at the time) for going into the office and making sure the photocopier still made photocopies?

And the phones still rang....

I think a lot of people had no ******* idea what the problem was and therefore what could be affected.
        Summs Brexit up perfect
        Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Oh yes. So many upgrades and new installations, rates were sky high.
          Yep, the only time I was paid more than a QC.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Can't wait for the year 2048 bug when the year in the binary calendar jumps from 11111111111 to 100000000000

Comment

Things that make me feel old...

Stack of IDE hard drives here, my very first GB drive included!

The death of Flash - I think I started using that on V3 in 1999 when it was Macromedia Flash.

Found a grey eyebrow hair the other week

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Just chatting to some student placements. They covered the Millenium Bug in their History of Computing course. One of the students commented she'd had to do a presentation on it - but she'd never met anyone who'd worked through it.
                Those students will be old timers themselves by the time the 2037 epoch date bug is imminent.

(although by then computers will probably be practically self-aware, and thus able to fix it on their own)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Makes you feel old when you curl your hands up and yell 'Joeeey' at someone that's just said something stupid. You instantly realise...

1) No one probably remember who Joey was and why you are doing that.
                  2) They world has moved on far enough for this to be incredibly offensive even if they remembered
                  3) Even back in the day it was immature and childish.

There you are feeling old, incredibly stupid and totally ignorant in one fell swoop.
                  Who was Joey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    Who was Joey?
                    Joey Deacon
                    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      Things that make me feel old...

Stack of IDE hard drives here, my very first GB drive included!

The death of Flash - I think I started using that on V3 in 1999 when it was Macromedia Flash.

Found a grey eyebrow hair the other week
                      In my case, it's starting from the bottom, and I think it's time to shave all my pubic hair.

Comment

Working...
                      X