• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another one for Brexiters to shove up their ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and there's more

UK cave in on Brexit bill

Can anyone see a pattern emerging ?

me....I see when the EU decides what it wants it gets it

Now the EU have said the UK must sign up to the 4 freedoms if it wants a comprehensive trade deal.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      ...and there's more

UK cave in on Brexit bill

Can anyone see a pattern emerging ?

me....I see when the EU decides what it wants it gets it

Now the EU have said the UK must sign up to the 4 freedoms if it wants a comprehensive trade deal.

That can't be right. Where's the row of the summer?

David Davis prepares 'summer of rows' with EU over Brexit fine details | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Mr Davis rejected the EU's timetable for Brexit talks, saying the UK would be disadvantaged by an early agreement regarding its financial obligations and the future status of the Northern Irish border.

Britain wanted to get on with negotiating its "big, very ambitious free trade agreement" as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        I'm sure there will also be a huge row about whether to accept the freedom of movement in any future trade deal.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I'm sure there will also be a huge row about whether to accept the freedom of movement in any future trade deal.
          Unless it's for a transitional period of course, with only a bit of ECJ jurisdiction.

Comment

And the view from the USA

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/w...ive-party.html

With the British currency languishing, the standard of living progressively squeezed and investors starting to take fright, there is markedly less bravado in London about a new age of opportunities for a “global Britain.” Amid a growing sense of drift, gone is the talk of a “red, white and blue Brexit” — a reference to the colors of the national flag.

“I am not sure that anybody is in control at the moment,” said Tim Bale, a professor of politics at Queen Mary University of London. “There are about as many views about the direction of Brexit as there are members of the cabinet.”
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
              Read somewhere: ...once they are in an EU country (Tourist visa, Schengen etc), it damn too easy to get into UK. They go to Ireland -> N.Ireland -> UK
              Darn all those asylum seekers and their tourist visas....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                It's not possible to get from NI to UK.
                I should have said Mainland...or GB....grrr. The point here though, open borders between IR & N.IR

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
                  I should have said Mainland...or GB....grrr. The point here though, open borders between IR & N.IR
                  Ireland has an external border, so that is the barrier.

In any case, Ireland and the UK are not the only members of the Common Travel Area.

Comment

And where do you think they'll deport them to? Rinse, repeat, import, export etc...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      And where do you think they'll deport them to? Rinse, repeat, import, export etc...
                      So if the EU don't deport you complain, if they do deport, you complain.

What positive thing would you like the EU to do that would mean you wouldn't just complain about it?
                      Maybe ban the sale of weapons to Saudi?
                      Maybe work towards stopping the fighting in places like Syria?
                      What can the EU do?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X