• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another one for Brexiters to shove up their ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Remember that an asylum seeker is slightly different to a migrant. EU countries are sending migrants back to their countries all the time, an asylum seeker has to be thoroughly checked first but they do send them back so this isn't really news. The UK quite often send asylum seekers back...
    The only difference being the quality of the forged paperwork.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      The only difference being the quality of the forged paperwork.
      You want to see my Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan passports I bought from a bloke in Baku the other week, excellent stuff...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

UK negotiating team should walk

...and then keep popping their head around the door to see how it's going.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          You want to see my Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan passports I bought from a bloke in Baku the other week, excellent stuff...
          So in about 10 years you'll be an EU citizen...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Freedom of movement to end with Brexit

and replaced by a red white and blue liberty of movement clause in a new trade deal which will be administered by a joint European-UK red, white and blue Court of Justice.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              UK negotiating team should walk

...and then keep popping their head around the door to see how it's going.

This is very sound thinking.

Furthermore, being willing to walk away is just good tactics. If we come across as desperate for a deal at any cost, we will never win any concessions.

Showing the EU we mean business makes a good deal more likely. Ending the influence of the European Court of Justice has to be a red line for the Government.

If the EU refuses to accept this, what else can our negotiators do but walk away?
              We know from the balance of trade between UK and EU27 that the EU needs the UK more than the other way round, so the UK can just walk away and then wait until the EU comes begging.

Comment

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                X