• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pid music streaming service recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pid music streaming service recommendation

Going to join the 21st century and pay for a music subscription - any recommendations which one and why?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Spotify seems to be the popular go to. I don't use it that much but has absolutely everything I've ever looked for, including rugby songs. Terrific for nursery rhymes when the baby nieces are around as well. I guess most will have those though. Works really well with Amazon Echo and for playing on the blue tooth in the car. Love the option to play on other devices to scare the crap out the kids and family. Not sure what others do but only one user being able to listen at a time is a bit of a pain.

Got Amazon Prime but never really investigated the options with that but there is films and the delivery options bundled in which might tempt you above the others.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

amazon music is well good. Not much thats not on there to be honest. And you can download it for later.

And use amazon echo.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Try Spotify, free for a month on their homepage. Or check out HUKD and you can usually get a 3 month trial for 99p on there. If you can somehow join from Slovakia (https://www.spotify.com/sk/premium/) you can get it for €5.99 per month instead of £9.99.

Comment

I have tried Spotify, Apple, Deezer and Google.

Apple is good for the curatied playlists, I particularly liked Elton John's and Zane Lowe's.

Google is great as it integrates with my android phone so can be voice controlled to play Albums and Artists while driving.

I liked Deezer as it was the only one with an app at the time but all the others now do them.

Spotify was ok.

Look for the free subscription trials as that will get you at least a years free music.

I'M currently using Google play on an Android due to the voice control.
          Last edited by BlueSharp; 26 July 2017, 14:23.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I can't quite bring myself to pay for streaming music; for general listening I use the radio, for music I want to play,play and play again I buy a CD from Amazon with Autorip which integrates nicely with the Sonos.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
              I can't quite bring myself to pay for streaming music; for general listening I use the radio, for music I want to play,play and play again I buy a CD from Amazon with Autorip which integrates nicely with the Sonos.
              Must admit I was the same but after getting Spotify free for a month with a Vodafone renewal I was pretty hooked. For 9 quid a month I'm pretty much converted now.

Actually because I listen to it on the way to my clients it's a business expense so 20% cheaper.........
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Used a few, not much between them but there is generally something:

Deezer - was really good, on the whole, and played very nicely with our Sonos setup, specifically a higher quality streaming via Sonos. They couldn't offer subscription that combined Family plan and the enhanced Sonos quality at the same time, so binned.

Qobuz - not subscribed, but used for a few Hi Res Audio tracks....very nice, if expensive, if you can use it (use on my XDP-100R)

Prime Music - decent, but rather limited free offering with Amazon Prime

Amazon Music - Settled on this, with Family Plan, as covers everything we have ever needed, multiple accounts (others do this too) and integrates nicely with Echo.....just waiting for Amazon/Sonos to get the Echo Sonos integrations up and running, and all will be well!
                Last edited by kevpuk; 26 July 2017, 14:58. Reason: formatting!
                latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
                  Amazon Music - Settled on this, with Family Plan, as covers everything we have ever needed, multiple accounts (others do this too) and integrates nicely with Echo.....just waiting for Amazon/Sonos to get the Echo Sonos integrations up and running, and all will be well!
                  Same boat, If you have Amazon Prime you get 2mil songs for free, if you want the full 40mil songs catalog you have to pay the sub which is on par with the competition. The app is decent and you can download stuff for offline listening.

The bloody Sonos<>Echo intergration was supposed to come early 2017

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    <snip>
                    The bloody Sonos<>Echo intergration was supposed to come early 2017
                    Best I have managed is with Samsung SmartThings also in the house, managed to get Sonos to play last thing it played with Echo voice command.....ho hum
                    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X