Pid music streaming service recommendation Pid music streaming service recommendation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Default Pid music streaming service recommendation

Going to join the 21st century and pay for a music subscription - any recommendations which one and why?
    Woker than you - but not as woke as I'd like to be.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Spotify seems to be the popular go to. I don't use it that much but has absolutely everything I've ever looked for, including rugby songs. Terrific for nursery rhymes when the baby nieces are around as well. I guess most will have those though. Works really well with Amazon Echo and for playing on the blue tooth in the car. Love the option to play on other devices to scare the crap out the kids and family. Not sure what others do but only one user being able to listen at a time is a bit of a pain.

Got Amazon Prime but never really investigated the options with that but there is films and the delivery options bundled in which might tempt you above the others.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

amazon music is well good. Not much thats not on there to be honest. And you can download it for later.

And use amazon echo.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

More time posting than coding

doconline is a permanent contractor

Try Spotify, free for a month on their homepage. Or check out HUKD and you can usually get a 3 month trial for 99p on there. If you can somehow join from Slovakia (https://www.spotify.com/sk/premium/) you can get it for €5.99 per month instead of £9.99.

Fingers like lightning

BlueSharp is NOT a disguised employee

I have tried Spotify, Apple, Deezer and Google.

Apple is good for the curatied playlists, I particularly liked Elton John's and Zane Lowe's.

Google is great as it integrates with my android phone so can be voice controlled to play Albums and Artists while driving.

I liked Deezer as it was the only one with an app at the time but all the others now do them.

Spotify was ok.

Look for the free subscription trials as that will get you at least a years free music.

I'M currently using Google play on an Android due to the voice control.
    Last edited by BlueSharp; 26th July 2017 at 14:23.

Fingers like lightning

gables has more data than eek

I can't quite bring myself to pay for streaming music; for general listening I use the radio, for music I want to play,play and play again I buy a CD from Amazon with Autorip which integrates nicely with the Sonos.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by gables View Post
    I can't quite bring myself to pay for streaming music; for general listening I use the radio, for music I want to play,play and play again I buy a CD from Amazon with Autorip which integrates nicely with the Sonos.
    Must admit I was the same but after getting Spotify free for a month with a Vodafone renewal I was pretty hooked. For 9 quid a month I'm pretty much converted now.

Actually because I listen to it on the way to my clients it's a business expense so 20% cheaper.........
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

kevpuk is a permanent contractor

Used a few, not much between them but there is generally something:

Deezer - was really good, on the whole, and played very nicely with our Sonos setup, specifically a higher quality streaming via Sonos. They couldn't offer subscription that combined Family plan and the enhanced Sonos quality at the same time, so binned.

Qobuz - not subscribed, but used for a few Hi Res Audio tracks....very nice, if expensive, if you can use it (use on my XDP-100R)

Prime Music - decent, but rather limited free offering with Amazon Prime

Amazon Music - Settled on this, with Family Plan, as covers everything we have ever needed, multiple accounts (others do this too) and integrates nicely with Echo.....just waiting for Amazon/Sonos to get the Echo Sonos integrations up and running, and all will be well!
    Last edited by kevpuk; 26th July 2017 at 14:58. Reason: formatting!
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Contractor Among Contractors

sal 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by kevpuk View Post
    Amazon Music - Settled on this, with Family Plan, as covers everything we have ever needed, multiple accounts (others do this too) and integrates nicely with Echo.....just waiting for Amazon/Sonos to get the Echo Sonos integrations up and running, and all will be well!
    Same boat, If you have Amazon Prime you get 2mil songs for free, if you want the full 40mil songs catalog you have to pay the sub which is on par with the competition. The app is decent and you can download stuff for offline listening.

The bloody Sonos<>Echo intergration was supposed to come early 2017

Fingers like lightning

kevpuk is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    <snip>
    The bloody Sonos<>Echo intergration was supposed to come early 2017
    Best I have managed is with Samsung SmartThings also in the house, managed to get Sonos to play last thing it played with Echo voice command.....ho hum
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013