• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism and Abuse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're no one until your posts have to be pre moderated on the guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      That's nationalist not racist....

Plus the US has Trumped even the UK for stupid political decisions..
      According to NAT:

UK law definition of racism and racial discrimination includes nationality and national origin.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Given NAT's definition, why is it accepted practice to call you a fat American chunt?
        The definition was in response to it being argued that the offending comment wasn't racist, because it was against a specific nationality. It does not follow that any comment, even a negative one, that mentions a nationality (or race) is racist. E.g. you are a white Anglo-Saxon slapper. Funny though, if I were to write of someone "you are a black Caribbean slapper", then some would construe that as racist.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          The definition was in response to it being argued that the offending comment wasn't racist, because it was against a specific nationality. It does not follow that any comment, even a negative one, that mentions a nationality (or race) is racist. E.g. you are a white Anglo-Saxon slapper. Funny though, if I were to write of someone "you are a black Caribbean slapper", then some would construe that as racist.
          Sexist pig.

Comment

You Swiss cock.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You Swiss cuckoo cock.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                FTFY
                Pops out every hour and makes the birds chirp? I've seen worse insults in the professional forums.

Comment

The definition was in response to it being argued that the offending comment wasn't racist, because it was against a specific nationality. ...
                  Does that mean we can't insult the French here anymore?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Go to the Darknet version of CUK. Only anything that is not offensive, racist, obscene etc. etc. is banned. Much more fun.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'll be generous with 20.
                      close!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X