• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism and Abuse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    This leads me to the question, what exactly did you post on mumsnet that resulted in heavy handed moderation?
    He told them his penis beaker was bigger.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I think it was my constant requests to take the new members up the Oxo Tower.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ImaginativeTruth View Post
        Hello Folks,

I got this from a moderator here after he called me racist, xenophobic, nasty and ignorant in private messages.

(NotAllThere - Respect my authoritah!)

I think its really wrong to abuse people in silence so I posted one of the private messages below:

You appear to be ignorant of a number of points.

There is no freedom of speech on this site. What is permissible to post is determined solely by the moderators and Administrator.

There is no due process on this site. What action to take when something that is not permissible is posted, is decided solely by the moderators and Administrator.

UK law definition of racism and racial discrimination includes nationality and national origin.

Unless you are an expert in UK libel law, I suggest not making threats concerning it.

Feel free to take it up with Administrator if you disagree, and I'm sure he'll take appropriate action. Other than that, desist from making nasty comments about any race or identifiable ethnic or national group.

You got an infraction and a private message that no-one else need know about - do try to get over yourself. Have a nice day.

All fair enough legally speaking but the wider questions of the relevant laws and their intent should be questioned. Defining someones nationality or religion as a racial grouping is quite clearly illogical and ridiculous as this is something that could change. Unless you go the full Michael Jackson then a racial grouping should be immutable.

If only we had a constitution in the UK and free speech enshrined in law then none this nonsense would have come to pass. These are Orwellian laws made by the left to socially engineer society into thinking in a certain way.
        Last edited by excon; 27 July 2017, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I think it was my constant requests to take the new members up the Oxo Tower.
          I thought you only did that on here
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I thought you only did that on here
            He prefers to be taken nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaginativeTruth View Post
              Hello Folks,

I got this from a moderator here after he called me racist, xenophobic, nasty and ignorant in private messages.

(NotAllThere - Respect my authoritah!)

I think its really wrong to abuse people in silence so I posted one of the private messages below:

You appear to be ignorant of a number of points.

There is no freedom of speech on this site. What is permissible to post is determined solely by the moderators and Administrator.

There is no due process on this site. What action to take when something that is not permissible is posted, is decided solely by the moderators and Administrator.

UK law definition of racism and racial discrimination includes nationality and national origin.

Unless you are an expert in UK libel law, I suggest not making threats concerning it.

Feel free to take it up with Administrator if you disagree, and I'm sure he'll take appropriate action. Other than that, desist from making nasty comments about any race or identifiable ethnic or national group.

You got an infraction and a private message that no-one else need know about - do try to get over yourself. Have a nice day.
              Racist and xenophobe posts are against the rules, so what you are complaining about?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                Racist and xenophobe posts are against the rules, so what you are complaining about?
                He's complaining about tedious sockies from other countries.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  He's complaining about tedious sockies from other countries.
                  You racist twunt.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Now available in assorted colours from IKEA....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                      Now available in assorted colours from IKEA....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to greenlake again.
                      Pah!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X