• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brummie calls out NLUK on IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    20 years is only for absolute outright fraud - in reality it is 4 years from the end of the tax year see Time limits for tax assessments, claims and refunds . Then if they find things within those 4 years that are really interesting they will go back further...
    Not according to the ESS tool and there was a case that was reported here a while back where HMRC made the victim go and recreate the books for a load of years that were well outside the normal period and I don't believe there was any fraud implications or even if HMRC found anything.

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    A lot of contractors will have closed down their Ltd's in that period or will have very limited funds kept in Ltd. It's another barrier to the HMRC, although not technically insurmountable I guess.
    In which case they just assign the debts to the directors and screw them personally.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Not according to the ESS tool and there was a case that was reported here a while back where HMRC made the victim go and recreate the books for a load of years that were well outside the normal period and I don't believe there was any fraud implications or even if HMRC found anything.

In which case they just assign the debts to the directors and screw them personally.
      Not so easy though, no?

Comment

Working...
      X