• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheeky Welsh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheeky Welsh

Cheeky Brexit voting Welsh, they can go and **** their sheep instead.

Councils ask Treasury to replace lost EU regeneration funds post-Brexit

Councils have said they will need billions of pounds in extra funding from the Treasury after Brexit to replace the money lost from EU regeneration funds.

The Local Government Association called for more certainty from ministers to guarantee that regeneration projects will not lose out when the UK leaves the bloc in 2019.

The group representing local authorities said about £8.4bn was allocated through the European structural and investment funds for 2014-2020.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

It's the same with the ones in the South West of England - massive EU bailouts, but voted to leave.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm Welsh and have no idea why people in Wales voted to leave. I also work in the SW of England and have no idea why they did either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
        I'm Welsh and have no idea why people in Wales voted to leave. I also work in the SW of England and have no idea why they did either.
        I'm Welsh and I live in the South West of England. I have no problems understanding it...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Cheeky Brexit voting Welsh, they can go and **** their sheep instead.
          Yes but as we know we always out in more than we took out - so these 'funds' they 'gave' us were more like giving us our money back with a %age removed for them.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Yes but as we know we always out in more than we took out - so these 'funds' they 'gave' us were more like giving us our money back with a %age removed for them.
            The Welsh didn't give the money to the EU, the UK did.

Comment

If that is truly the case then it should be no problem for the government to provide their plan for redistributing the saved contributions, and to confirm (or deny) to the regions their future receipts?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                The Welsh didn't give the money to the EU, the UK did.
                Via a complicated process that manages to sift out enough money to keep a few people in Brussels happy.

WTF has Brussels done for the world.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  If that is truly the case then it should be no problem for the government to provide their plan for redistributing the saved contributions, and to confirm (or deny) to the regions their future receipts?
                  Indeed - a review of where the EU money was going, what it was spent on and whether it was achieving the goals original set out needs to take place.

If deemed relevant then funding should continue if not then funding will be stopped.

Comment

If deemed relevant then funding should continue...
                    But there is no magic money tree and it's all be promised to the NHS anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X