• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to Wassenaar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Wassenaar

In Holland?

Going in a few weeks for the family holiday

Have looked through all the usual online guides etc but was wondering if anyone has personal experience

we are staying at Duinrell - theme park/water park so know everything about that

so more interested in other places to go, places to eat, coffee shops etc

?

Anyone?

I worked up the road once in Noordwijk and in Zoetermeer but the only places I went to were boozers so not really family stuff although the Harbour Lights wasn't too bad. That area will be full, and I mean full, of Germans at this time of year

Actually, you're not too far from Delft which is quite nice (apart from all the ******* church bells)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It was quite a few years ago, but it was pretty good. You need photos for the water park (at least, you did then), Rijstafel was very good locally.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It was quite a few years ago, but it was pretty good. You need photos for the water park (at least, you did then), Rijstafel was very good locally.
        Yeah the guides say that - will make sure we take them.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I worked up the road once in Noordwijk and in Zoetermeer but the only places I went to were boozers so not really family stuff although the Harbour Lights wasn't too bad. That area will be full, and I mean full, of Germans at this time of year

Actually, you're not too far from Delft which is quite nice (apart from all the ******* church bells)
          Ze Germans are not that bad - as long as you don't mention the war!

Although they do have some lovely mullets.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            In Holland?

Going in a few weeks for the family holiday

Have looked through all the usual online guides etc but was wondering if anyone has personal experience

we are staying at Duinrell - theme park/water park so know everything about that

so more interested in other places to go, places to eat, coffee shops etc

?

Anyone?
            I presume you are going there because you can't pronounce Scheveningen.

Anyway, load of nice restaurants Scheveningen plus indoor nude swimming is the norm so don't be surprised.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I presume you are going there because you can't pronounce Scheveningen.

Anyway, load of nice restaurants Scheveningen plus indoor nude swimming is the norm so don't be surprised.
              Lol we are staying at Duinrell - I think Scheveningen is the beach by the Hague?

Nude swimming the mind boggles

and

( . ) ( . )

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Been twice now

Are you camping, caravan / motor home, or duingalow?

As NAT says you'll need passport photos to get in, and you will need to keep them with you if your deal includes swimming. We found that it was best to spend the day in the park, eat dinner, and then swim until late rather than swimming earlier. The park rides tend to shut reasonably early compared to other theme parks. Photos from the rollercoasters are done via email and are dirt cheap compared to somewhere like Disney or Asterix - I think it's €2 at a machine and you just give your email address.

Food in the restaurants is relatively expensive (and not that good), but the supermarket is reasonable so make sure you have a BBQ with you would be my advice, and make sure you hit the shop at the right time of day before you find that there's nothing left that you'll eat.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Been twice now

Are you camping, caravan / motor home, or duingalow?

As NAT says you'll need passport photos to get in, and you will need to keep them with you if your deal includes swimming. We found that it was best to spend the day in the park, eat dinner, and then swim until late rather than swimming earlier. The park rides tend to shut reasonably early compared to other theme parks. Photos from the rollercoasters are done via email and are dirt cheap compared to somewhere like Disney or Asterix - I think it's €2 at a machine and you just give your email address.

Food in the restaurants is relatively expensive (and not that good), but the supermarket is reasonable so make sure you have a BBQ with you would be my advice, and make sure you hit the shop at the right time of day before you find that there's nothing left that you'll eat.
                  In a Eurocamp Mobile home type thing.

It comes with a BBQ so that is that sorted - we normally stock up at a 'big' supermarket once we arrive so hopefully we can avoid the no food left to eat type problem.

normally look to get a pizza from the takeaway some nights as I do not want to be cooking all the time.

Looks like the theme park closes about 6 but the pool is open till 10pm so late afternoon early evening swimming sounds good.

Comment

There's an open air pool as well which is free - sunny day and it'll be heaving though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X