• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You just don't get it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just don't get it!

linky

Oh btw Corbyn's son works in John Macdonnell's office.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    linky

Oh btw Corbyn's son works in John Macdonnell's office.

Watched it earlier. It's a crap attempt at class warfare & attacking the old. I for one have decided to stop giving my kids pocket money so they don't turn out a bunch of spoilt give it to me on a plate snowflakes.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Indeed it fails to state things like

When she bought her house for £20k she was earning £1k per year and could not afford a fridge or carpets.

Also in 1981 mortgage rate was 17%

So yes like all propaganda it only shows the things the creators want people to believe without giving out the true facts.

Comment

A Momentum spokesperson said: “We’re glad Pulling up the Ladder has sparked a debate about class and inequality. While a tiny minority benefited from both rocketing London house prices and a free university education, most people today face either increasing tuition fees, dire job opportunities or the impossibility of ever owning a home.
        So, its now all the peoples fault they benefited / took advantage of political policies at the time.

Labour and Tory alike.

Beggars belief.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          So, its now all the peoples fault they benefited / took advantage of political policies at the time.

Labour and Tory alike.

Beggars belief.
          Indeed in fact it is everyone's fault except for Corbyn and the Snowflake army.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Indeed in fact it is everyone's fault except for Corbyn and the Snowflake army.
            I'm sure house prices went up in Islington too, or did I miss something
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              I'm sure house prices went up in Islington too, or did I miss something
              Yes indeed - for the many and not the few

e.g. it is alright to complain about everyone (e.g. the many) but not about Corbyn and his luvvies (the few) who also benefitted but we won't talk about that because it does not fit the narrative.

Comment

I was expecting a thread about your husband's sex life.

Comment

Some typical ignorant lefty crap there.

Take the university fees thing, they are ignoring the fact that in 1968-9 there were only 410,000 students in higher education compared to 2.28 million in 2015-2016. The money that has to be found for free education is far higher.

Why should anyone pay for the many students whose prospects are not enhanced by higher education? Not to mention all the drop outs.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 28 July 2017, 15:12.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Some typical ignorant lefty crap there.

Take the university fees thing, they are ignoring the fact that in 1968-9 there were only 410,000 students in higher education compared to 2.28 million in 2015-2016. The money that has to be found for free education is far higher.

Why should anyone pay for the many students whose prospects are not enhanced by higher education? Not to mention all the drop outs.
                    There are currently 387 universities in Germany with a combined student population of approximately 2.4 million, paid for by the state resulting in a thriving economy.

If student prospects are not enhanced then target universities chasing profits rather than providing for the needs of industry.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X