Spain’s Long Economic Nightmare Is Finally Over Spain’s Long Economic Nightmare Is Finally Over - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 64
  1. #11

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Since the Brexit vote people have got poorer, because of the pound crashing, whereas the Spanish are getting wealthier.
    No they haven't got wealthier. More working poor, more temp contracts.

  2. #12

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    18,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    You need to look further into these articles. Most are propaganda or misinformed.

    1. Quarter of Spains revenue is spent on servicing its debt. 105% GDP.
    According to the world bank Spain's revenue spent on servicing debt is 15% not 25%. Where did you get your information from, the Daily wail?

    Interest payments (% of revenue) | Data

    How can we take the rest of your points when false facts are used to support your argument?
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  3. #13

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    18,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Right:



    Seize on the good. Ignore the bad.
    Ken. Seems some continue to ignore the bad.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  4. #14

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    18,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Really?
    Really really. Think of all that empty housing for young Spaniards to occupy who can't get on the housing ladder.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 29th July 2017 at 16:08.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  5. #15

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,367

    Default

    UK consumer confidence dropping like a stone. Looks bad.

    I'm alright Jack

  6. #16

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    7,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Spain's economy grows three times as fast as the UK.


    "The Spanish government has raised its forecasts for economic growth this year and now expects the economy to grow by at least 3% in 2017"

    Where are all the EU doomsters?



    source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/b...mployment.html
    Nice headline, but public debt is now 100% of GDP, and still rising, and guess where most of it is owed to?

    (It's the ECB, btw, in case you were struggling, so I hope the Germans are happy to carry on working their nads off to subsidise the Spanish economic miracle, and the Greek one, and the Italian one, and the Portuguese one...)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  7. #17

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    7,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Spain will do even better after Brexit when they deport the 761,000 Brits living there sponging off the Spanish welfare state and taking the jobs of the Spaniards.
    You really think they're all working? Dream on.
    Those who can't afford their own healthcare insurance will have to return to the UK, but the wealthy ones (and there are loads of them) will be fine.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    18,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Nice headline, but public debt is now 100% of GDP, and still rising, and guess where most of it is owed to?
    Woah 100% now? It was well over that last year. Moving in the right direction.

    Meanwhile UK debt to GDP is continuing to rise...

    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  9. #19

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Really really. Think of all that empty housing for young Spaniards to occupy who can't get in the housing ladder.
    You really are weapons-grade stupid ain't ya?

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  10. #20

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    According to the world bank Spain's revenue spent on servicing debt is 15% not 25%. Where did you get your information from, the Daily wail?

    Interest payments (% of revenue) | Data

    How can we take the rest of your points when false facts are used to support your argument?
    Scooter, first off you should not just accept my points, question them and the articles you read.

    Regarding debt payments search the ft, remember you have to pay interest AND and an agreed amount. So a graph with interest payments is only half the story.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •