• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone else getting bored and somewhat offended by this $h1t

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It doesn't work like that in Social Sciences.

They, your kids, are a still a minority regardless of the fact they are mixed race so are subject to racism. There as you, their white parent, are completely racist. )
    But what proportion of non-white is sufficient to be classified as an ethnic minority? 25%, 12.5%? And why am I reminded of South African and Southern US old race laws?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-people-racist

my statement that “white middle class, white working class, white men, white women, white gays, white children” are racist, while rhetorically hyperbolic, was a clear reference to the fact that racism is not an exclusive characteristic of any one demographic.

Cambridgeshire police should not have dropped their investigation....
      The media has a habit of taking people's conversations and statements out of context.

I remember the Archbishop of Canterbury saying something about poor people one Christmas. It was translated by the press as a comment on the coalition there as if you read the entire thing he clearly didn't

A more recent example is Corbyn's suppose promise to wipe out existing student loans when all he said is we will look at it.

This is why Maybot copied Bliar and Camoron by giving short statements that mean nothing.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        But what proportion of non-white is sufficient to be classified as an ethnic minority? 25%, 12.5%? And why am I reminded of South African and Southern US old race laws?
        Problem with Social Sciences is they don't respect different countries have different attitudes to racial issues.

So in the UK we tend to go on looks which I know creates it's own problems.

Also regardless of what country you live in you self identify. Though if your self identity conflicts with what society thinks you are you get into trouble.

I found it interesting when traveling in Australia and New Zealand that these completely white looking people with Anglo-Saxon names claimed to be aborigine or Moari.

I was later told by a Brit who worked in Oz with deprived people, that it got absolutely ridiculous as you got these blonde blue eyed people with Anglo-Saxon names claiming discrimination due to their ethnicity when the real issue was poverty causing lack of opportunity.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Bremoaners are an oppressed minority at 48%.

Comment

A more recent example is Corbyn's suppose promise to wipe out existing student loans when all he said is we will look at it
            No he didn't, he said he'd deal with it.

Jeremy Corbyn: 'I will deal with those already burdened with student debt' - NME
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I believe they found a solution...

Student debt - ~100 billion
              Trident - ~200 billion
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I thing he means he will deal with the people rather than their problem. Koncentration Kamp.....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I believe they found a solution...

Student debt - ~100 billion
                  Trident - ~200 billion
                  Except:

No-one has ever said replacement will cost £200 billion.

The figures quoted are for its 30+ year lifecycle so annually it would cost between 3 and 5 bln per year somewhat short of the 100 billion student loan writeoff.

What would you do with the 7000 people that work for BAE submarines or the several thousand at Faslane or the highly skilled engineering and scientific communities maintaining the weapons, developing new sonar systems, propulsion systems, nuclear reactors? Don't say something else because you would have spent the money elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                  X