• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK to reduce taxes to undercut EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK to reduce taxes to undercut EU

Brexit: UK will not cut taxes, says Philip Hammond - BBC News

Well, they say they won't which means they will.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Brexit: UK will not cut taxes, says Philip Hammond - BBC News

Well, they say they won't which means they will.
    He said we'd keep a European model, but that we are in the middle of the pack.

Gives significant room to undercut.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Gives significant room to undercut
      True:

Ireland’s economy grows 26.3% in 2015 as corporations flock to low tax rate | The Independent

Hungary to cut corporate tax rate below Ireland’s to lowest in EU
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Of course the UK could not reduce taxes whilst being a EU member.

And it's not like the UK needs those pesky tax receipts anyway. Loadsa money.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What is the point? No big company pays them anyway.

Comment

Honestly, the UK leaders are stupider and slower than lab-rats on prozac sucking on a GHB vodka mixer. The European side is laughing at how stupid the British are handling this. The EU has no need to concede anything to such a muddled up opposition. Anyway the show must go on. What will the next episode bring..

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Honestly, the UK leaders are stupider and slower than lab-rats on prozac sucking on a GHB vodka mixer. The European side is laughing at how stupid the British are handling this. The EU has no need to concede anything to such a muddled up opposition. Anyway the show must go on. What will the next episode bring..

I think you just need to watch and wait for the part where we decide that the divorce bill is not worth paying and that Germany and France are going to have to find the cash to plug our contributions and that the European Car manufacturers are going to have to add WTO tariffs costs to their cars.

I think you might find that regardless of the rhetoric there are quite a few Germans sweating at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                ...the European Car manufacturers are going to have to add WTO tariffs costs to their cars.

I think you might find that regardless of the rhetoric there are quite a few Germans sweating at the moment.
                Yes, because the UK is the largest market for European car makers.

Are you for real?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Yes, because the UK is the largest market for European car makers.

Are you for real?
                  We are a significant market.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    We are a significant market.....
                    British people have a lot less choice of cars built in Britain than EU cititzens will have. In the EU you can get all and any type of car and you can easily avoid buying a British built car. If you're British you will more or less be restricted to buying either a Japanese car or Vauxhall. That means the effect of tariffs will simply mean British people will be out of pocket as many will still be buying European built cars and the Europeans who previously bought British built Japanese cars will switch to French or German cars.

It is pretty clear in a "car war" Britain will lose.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X