Stop laughing Stop laughing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Stop laughing

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Not sure about 2002, I was expecting it in 2007, prices had soared and we had the credit crunch, I was certain we were in for a cull then but QE propped the whole lot up and we carried on as if nothing had happened! London market is in decline and the ripples from that should push out across the rest of the country. Will demand stay high when we close the immigration gates in 2019?
    Some people say the world's reserve currency is the dollar. I say it is the London property market. The pound is going to keep dropping.

I don't believe the immigration gates will close. However its only partially relevant. Alot of property is bought to be left empty.

And it is the only economic driver left. The government cannot let it drop.

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Saw this on the beeb last week Estate agents' profits plunge as housing market slows - BBC News. Countrywide profits down by 98% and Foxtons down 64% - made I laugh

Is this the start of the fabled property crash?
    Or could it be more to do with the fact that more and more you can buy and do all the stuff you would have historically done with an estate agent online and for cheaper.

or not?

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Or could it be more to do with the fact that more and more you can buy and do all the stuff you would have historically done with an estate agent online and for cheaper.

or not?
    Yep.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Fingers like lightning

Uncle Albert is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Some people say the world's reserve currency is the dollar. I say it is the London property market. The pound is going to keep dropping.

I don't believe the immigration gates will close. However its only partially relevant. Alot of property is bought to be left empty.

And it is the only economic driver left. The government cannot let it drop.
    Every government for the last 30 years (at least) has been terrified of being the ones in power when the bubble really bursts. It's the hot potato they keep microwaving and passing on to the next government even hotter than when they got it.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Every government for the last 30 years (at least) has been terrified of being the ones in power when the bubble really bursts. It's the hot potato they keep microwaving and passing on to the next government even hotter than when they got it.
    Part of the reason why we sold our BTL last year, 1-bed and redicioelessly overpriced. Could have bought the materials and land for a 4-bed house easily enough elsewhere in the country.

Put another way, an economic model whereby the average house price requires 6-9 times the average income will simply mean living a life as directed by turpitude landlords and employers not wanting to pay a living wage. When people realise they don't have to live that life the bubble will burst. Pray x-factor does not get cancelled.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Godlike

PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Part of the reason why we sold our BTL last year, 1-bed and redicioelessly overpriced. Could have bought the materials and land for a 4-bed house easily enough elsewhere in the country.

Put another way, an economic model whereby the average house price requires 6-9 times the average income will simply mean living a life as directed by turpitude landlords and employers not wanting to pay a living wage. When people realise they don't have to live that life the bubble will burst. Pray x-factor does not get cancelled.
    Brexit

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Apparently 20% of Estate Agents risk going bust. linky

Only 20%? Oh well, it's a start...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...