• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop laughing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Not sure about 2002, I was expecting it in 2007, prices had soared and we had the credit crunch, I was certain we were in for a cull then but QE propped the whole lot up and we carried on as if nothing had happened! London market is in decline and the ripples from that should push out across the rest of the country. Will demand stay high when we close the immigration gates in 2019?
    Some people say the world's reserve currency is the dollar. I say it is the London property market. The pound is going to keep dropping.

I don't believe the immigration gates will close. However its only partially relevant. Alot of property is bought to be left empty.

And it is the only economic driver left. The government cannot let it drop.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Saw this on the beeb last week Estate agents' profits plunge as housing market slows - BBC News. Countrywide profits down by 98% and Foxtons down 64% - made I laugh

Is this the start of the fabled property crash?
      Or could it be more to do with the fact that more and more you can buy and do all the stuff you would have historically done with an estate agent online and for cheaper.

or not?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Or could it be more to do with the fact that more and more you can buy and do all the stuff you would have historically done with an estate agent online and for cheaper.

or not?
        Yep.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Some people say the world's reserve currency is the dollar. I say it is the London property market. The pound is going to keep dropping.

I don't believe the immigration gates will close. However its only partially relevant. Alot of property is bought to be left empty.

And it is the only economic driver left. The government cannot let it drop.
          Every government for the last 30 years (at least) has been terrified of being the ones in power when the bubble really bursts. It's the hot potato they keep microwaving and passing on to the next government even hotter than when they got it.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
            Every government for the last 30 years (at least) has been terrified of being the ones in power when the bubble really bursts. It's the hot potato they keep microwaving and passing on to the next government even hotter than when they got it.
            Part of the reason why we sold our BTL last year, 1-bed and redicioelessly overpriced. Could have bought the materials and land for a 4-bed house easily enough elsewhere in the country.

Put another way, an economic model whereby the average house price requires 6-9 times the average income will simply mean living a life as directed by turpitude landlords and employers not wanting to pay a living wage. When people realise they don't have to live that life the bubble will burst. Pray x-factor does not get cancelled.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Part of the reason why we sold our BTL last year, 1-bed and redicioelessly overpriced. Could have bought the materials and land for a 4-bed house easily enough elsewhere in the country.

Put another way, an economic model whereby the average house price requires 6-9 times the average income will simply mean living a life as directed by turpitude landlords and employers not wanting to pay a living wage. When people realise they don't have to live that life the bubble will burst. Pray x-factor does not get cancelled.
              Brexit
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Apparently 20% of Estate Agents risk going bust. linky

Only 20%? Oh well, it's a start...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                X