• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wifi connected picture frame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I'm not sure whether the "ease of use" requirement is for his benefit or the folks.

Why not use the old fashioned method? Get the photos printed and send them in the post. Or you could try talking them through setting up a wifi connected gadget, but if they're anything like my folks you'll have a huge phone bill and a gadget which still doesn't work.
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Why not use the old fashioned method? Get the photos printed and send them in the post. Or you could try talking them through setting up a wifi connected gadget, but if they're anything like my folks you'll have a huge phone bill and a gadget which still doesn't work.
      Have been doing that for the past couple of years. But the children are entering that ever changing phase it would be nice to make updates.

Facebook just too complicated. Already put a iMac in the lounge and had been using remote desktop to connect but it is so failure prone.

There's money to be made here for such a simple solution.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Have been doing that for the past couple of years. But the children are entering that ever changing phase it would be nice to make updates.

Facebook just too complicated. Already put a iMac in the lounge and had been using remote desktop to connect but it is so failure prone.

There's money to be made here for such a simple solution.
        If you can connect to the imac, then just get the oldies to plug in the sd card and update the pics ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          If you can connect to the imac, then just get the oldies to plug in the sd card and update the pics ?
          Too complicated. Spent too many minutes getting them to switch the machine on. Then the bluetooth keyboard batteries went flat. "What's that? Bluetooth? How can you see my teeth from Germany?!"
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Here it is https://www.nixplay.com/edge-frames/

This is what I'm looking for. Can send snaps there and then from my phone and the unit energies when movement is detected. No interaction as the user end.

Take my money!

Comment

WiFi Cloud frame

Take my money!
              And your privacy

Comment

Here it is https://www.nixplay.com/edge-frames/

This is what I'm looking for. Can send snaps there and then from my phone and the unit energies when movement is detected. No interaction as the user end.

Take my money!

Indeed at £150 a pop they will be taking your money!

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                  And your privacy
                  The hackers are in for a disappointment.

Comment

The hackers are in for a disappointment.
                    No need to hack, you are going to upload the pics voluntarily, cba looking at their T&C, but expect to be asked to pay for a sub in the not so distant future if not required already. As this is the new modus operandi

Got a Motorola baby monitor as a present a while back. Unlike the older models this one was "Cloud", meaning that all the video goes through a 3rd party servers before arriving back at your home on the display. Quick browse of the T&C revealed that the 3rd party operators have access to all the footage, but promise not to abuse it.... Needless to say it went back in the box and is still sitting there today.

Comment

Working...
                    X