• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't Rent to Snowflakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Rent to Snowflakes

linky

A growing number of landlords are refusing to rent homes to people under the age of 35, according to research.

A study by boffins at Sheffield Hallam University found that one third of landlords were cutting back on renting to young tenants due to concerns over whether they could afford rents.

(Yes it is The Sun this time )
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    linky

(Yes it is The Sun this time )
    I had a couple of lesbian students in my place once. F*kin ace they were. I'd have them back any time

Comment

Had a couple of gay chaps, vets actually, in my place. So tidy.

Living off the pink pound was I.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I had a couple of lesbian students in my place once. F*kin ace they were. I'd have them back any time
        Were they paying any rent, or did they agree to find other ways of making themselves useful?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Interesting so landlords are even more biased and don't like straight people.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Were they paying any rent, or did they agree to find other ways of making themselves useful?
            Are you insinuating that barrydidit is a lesbian?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Are you insinuating that barrydidit is a lesbian?
              I'd have given it a bloody good go

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Did you rent downstairs?

Comment

Bit of a generalisation. Asking for proof of salary might make more sense.

Tenancy laws seem a bit overgenerous to tenants in my view.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'd have given it a bloody good go
                    I did once try to chat up a girl in a bar. She told me she was a lesbian. I told her I was happy to take her up the oxo tower.

Comment

Working...
                    X