• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Douglas Barrowman Spain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Douglas Barrowman Spain

Douglas Barrowman “Scottish Billionaire”, travelled to Spain recently with a team of advisors to meet local company representatives and examine possibilities of creating new business opportunities.

Doug Barrowman, based in the Isle of Man, is said to be considering new ventures and acquisitions further afield in light of the UK Brexit Referendum of 2016. Economists and constitutional experts remain unsure of the impact that Brexit will have in the Isle of Man, which is a Crown Dependency and quite separate from the United Kingdom.

Read more of this at: Douglas Barrowman Eyes New Business Opportunities in Spain following UK Brexit Referendum 2016 - Spain News in English

And the point about the boring advert is what?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      And the point about the boring advert is what?
      I think its that some really rich people are going to run away to Spain and build work there instead of England. But frankly I don't think they have met the local officials and startling levels of bribery and nepotism that will be needed. It might have changed but i doubt it.

Comment

"Billionaires" always know best. Take Guy Hands and EMI.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          I think its that some really rich people are going to run away to Spain and build work there instead of England. But frankly I don't think they have met the local officials and startling levels of bribery and nepotism that will be needed. It might have changed but i doubt it.
          But the IOM is not in England nor is it in the EU
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            But the IOM is not in England nor is it in the EU
            well spotted... so is this our problem or the IoM?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              well spotted... so is this our problem or the IoM?
              It is not a problem at all. Except maybe to Spain. Some tax evader is going from IoM to Spain. I hope the Spanish throw him off a tower.

Comment

He ran the AML ebt - according to certain articles anyway

Comment

Working...
                X