• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting Torygraph article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Some good comments at the bottom of the article.
    Huh? AFAIK the Telegraph, unlike the Daily Mail, don't host reader comment sections below articles, and I could see none below that article.

(That's one reason they are losing money hand over fist.)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Huh? AFAIK the Telegraph, unlike the Daily Mail, don't host reader comment sections below articles, and I could see none below that article.

(That's one reason they are losing money hand over fist.)
      Try pressing the 'show comments' button...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        [emoji13]
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Crikey, wonders will never cease. The comments actually look sensible and apparently well informed!

Unlike some Daily Mail commenters, especially (saddest of all) the gibbering baboons who seems to think their input on physics articles (Black Holes and suchlike) adds any value.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Or as happened in PS client I started in post-April:-

1. Declare all contractors "inside" and tell them rates are not rising.
            2. Most contractors leave because of rate, inability to claim expenses, and possibility of retrospective action.
            3. Client thinks "bugger we're screwed no".
            4. Client raises rates by 35% to account for contractors additional tax liability.
            5. Contractors (like me) say ok then.

Admitedly, its hassle using an umbrella now but my take home is roughly the same as it was before. Of course, client has to pay 35% more which is then taken off me in tax.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              She only needs another 3000% to afford a house then....
              You reckon I haven't aldready bought her one then? I will be buying her a second one when she settles in the new job.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Interesting comments indeed

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Contractors working for public sector see income slashed by up to 30pc in wake of tax crackdown

In short contractors working in the public sector have lost 30% of earnings and their is a brain drain.
                  30% was about what we reckoned, wasn't it? And didn't we all predict that contractors would leave the public sector in droves? Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, public sector rates are being cut. You couldn't make this tulip up...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X