• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU retaliation against the UK escalates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Hopefully at the UK end. When are you handing back your UK passport?
    Such bitterness...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      The paranoia is interesting. If you look at the Brexiteer 'EU are trying to destroy the UK' and 'Remoaners want the UK to fail' narratives, there's a definite shift away from believing that Brexit is going to be a success, towards an attempt to blame other people for the failure. Fascinating in a car crash kind of way.
      No there's not. There's a constant stream of these type of headlines that peiple are quick to jump on. "EU to ban UK flights into Europe" is going to get a bigger reaction than "UK output up 0.3% for June" isn't it now.

Like it or not, Remoaners need to understand that the UK is a powerhouse that, for the forseeable future until EM/BRICS etc. sort their acts out (don't hold your breath) will be punching above it's weight on the world stage, whilst the EU experiment lanquishes and dies a slow death (starting with the word "reform" being banded about no doubt).
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
        No there's not. There's a constant stream of these type of headlines that peiple are quick to jump on. "EU to ban UK flights into Europe" is going to get a bigger reaction than "UK output up 0.3% for June" isn't it now.

Like it or not, Remoaners need to understand that the UK is a powerhouse that, for the forseeable future until EM/BRICS etc. sort their acts out (don't hold your breath) will be punching above it's weight on the world stage, whilst the EU experiment lanquishes and dies a slow death (starting with the word "reform" being banded about no doubt).
        That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Hopefully at the UK end. When are you handing back your UK passport?
          Well, if you'd be paying attention to this thread, you'd know that it's at the Swiss end. You know - flying from a non-Schengen EU country into a Schengen non-EU country.

And as for your question. Don't worry, If I get a Swiss passport, I'll be keeping my British passport - both countries allow dual nationality (in common with most developed countries), so it isn't a problem. But I appreciate your concern.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Do you honestly think, even in your tiny little Remoaner brain for a duration of up to 600ms, that the EU would be so stupid as to prevent UK (you know, that country with the third largest equity market on the planet, as big as France and Germany put together*) aircraft entering EU airspace? The political equivalent of a pre-school argument where the group of bullies say to the smart kid "You're not in our gang now, we're not letting you near our swings.."

A day in the life of a typical Remoaner:

1) Travel to work
            2) Take a tulip (optional)
            3) Get the first coffee of the day
            4) Check a bunch of news sites looking for stories with a "doom and gloom" / Anti-brexit flavour
            5) Quickly post a link on <some forum>, to provoke reaction and give some meaning to your existance
            6) Do some work (optional)
            7) While !CoP Repeat from step 4
            8) Travel home, promising to yourself to definitely, definitely start researching leaving this terrible country for ever, once you've saved up enough money.

I'd say it was getting tedious, but it has been since 2016-06-24.

*Source: FTSE Analytics FTSE All-World Index Series, December 2016.
            You need to have a chat with the Brexit minister :

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...xit-go-435185/

The UK's secretary of state for exiting the European Union has indicated that the country may not have access to EU-US open skies after its departure from the bloc.
            Could get interesting
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Well, if you'd be paying attention to this thread, you'd know that it's at the Swiss end. You know - flying from a non-Schengen EU country into a Schengen non-EU country.

And as for your question. Don't worry, If I get a Swiss passport, I'll be keeping my British passport - both countries allow dual nationality (in common with most developed countries), so it isn't a problem. But I appreciate your concern.
              Apologies for not reading all your posts. I find the counting thread far more interesting. Which is true for most remaoner posts and the tedious unconstructive whining.

Inneresting you think the UK will remain developed. I thought the remoaner creed stated that the UK would be a wasteland by 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Could get interesting
                Does the Minister honestly think, even in his tiny little Brexiteer brain for a duration of up to 600ms, that the EU would be so stupid as to prevent UK (you know, that country with the third largest equity market on the planet, as big as France and Germany put together*) aircraft entering EU airspace? The political equivalent of a pre-school argument where the group of bullies say to the smart kid "You're not in our gang now, we're not letting you near our swings.."

Comment

Powerhouse for what?

Manufacturing? None left

Banking? Moving to Dublin

Lets face it, it’s taxis and takeaway delivery, that’s what we excel at, and that’s only because immigrants do it and they’ll be gone once we regain control of our borders and put the Great back into Britain..

Just like The Children Of Men. That’s a book BTW, ever read one?

Comment

Do you honestly think, even in your tiny little Remoaner brain for a duration of up to 600ms, that the EU would be so stupid as to prevent UK (you know, that country with the third largest equity market on the planet, as big as France and Germany put together*) aircraft entering EU airspace? The political equivalent of a pre-school argument where the group of bullies say to the smart kid "You're not in our gang now, we're not letting you near our swings.."

A day in the life of a typical Remoaner:

1) Travel to work
                    2) Take a tulip (optional)
                    3) Get the first coffee of the day
                    4) Check a bunch of news sites looking for stories with a "doom and gloom" / Anti-brexit flavour
                    5) Quickly post a link on <some forum>, to provoke reaction and give some meaning to your existance
                    6) Do some work (optional)
                    7) While !CoP Repeat from step 4
                    8) Travel home, promising to yourself to definitely, definitely start researching leaving this terrible country for ever, once you've saved up enough money.

I'd say it was getting tedious, but it has been since 2016-06-24.

*Source: FTSE Analytics FTSE All-World Index Series, December 2016.

So how to you account for the thread being started by a pro-brexiter?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Could get interesting
                      Because throughout history, it's been demonstrated that the strategy of a country cutting their nose off to spite their face, is a well proven and effective one, isn't it.

Money makes the world go round, e.g., remember when Spain tried to introduce huge delays between on the Gibraltar border to p1ss the UK off? How long did that last?
                      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                      X