lightening pics lightening pics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: lightening pics

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Default lightning pics

Tooks them last night... couple of trees down. Now the temperature is zooming back up again this morning already hit 28c.

Last edited by scooterscot; 2nd August 2017 at 11:02.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Godlike

barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

Nice! Can you get one of you flying a kite next time?

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post
    This one?

Where there's muck there's brass.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

I wouldn't want to be lightening those pics of lightning. They don't need lightened.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Fingers like lightning

rl4engc 's job has never been outsourced

Far too much PP on #1, lay off the highlight/whites sliders, the trees look like they are glowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by rl4engc View Post
    Far too much PP on #1, lay off the highlight/whites sliders, the trees look like they are glowing.
    Only curves adjustments were made, when I reset to the raw image the trees are still glowing! It was one of those storms where there was strikes nearly every second - the ones you could see and the ones you could not, i.e. just lighting up the clouds.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Only curves adjustments were made, when I reset to the raw image the trees are still glowing!
    What software are you reviewing the files in? It's not the dreaded Lightroom by any chance - it automatically applies "corrections" even to RAW files.

Do you see the same issues in the RAW file if opened in your camera manufacturer's own software (as long as you still have the original that hasn't been opened in LR).

The normal cause of luminous aberration is over sharpening, which could be in camera (check your settings - even with RAW) or post processing software. With photoshop you can "defringe".

...all of this assumes you are using a prime lens with no filters and no HDR/Low light boost

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

using a prime lens, actually a fixed lens so no changing that. I hate LR. Sharping is reduced by default but did increase it a little post processing.

I'm not really into post processing to be honest, don't have the time. Those pics are what remained from over 80-100 that were taken.

Double Godlike!

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post

WTFH is always on top

Only curves adjustments were made,...
    Sharping ... did increase it a little post processing.
    Take your pick. Why do some people like to claim they did no adjustments in a certain area, then when challenged admit that they did some.

I'm not surprised togs get bad rep for "photoshopping"