• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

lightening pics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lightening pics

Tooks them last night... couple of trees down. Now the temperature is zooming back up again this morning already hit 28c.

Last edited by scooterscot; 2 August 2017, 11:02.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Nice! Can you get one of you flying a kite next time?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      This one?

Comment

I wouldn't want to be lightening those pics of lightning. They don't need lightened.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Far too much PP on #1, lay off the highlight/whites sliders, the trees look like they are glowing.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            Far too much PP on #1, lay off the highlight/whites sliders, the trees look like they are glowing.
            Only curves adjustments were made, when I reset to the raw image the trees are still glowing! It was one of those storms where there was strikes nearly every second - the ones you could see and the ones you could not, i.e. just lighting up the clouds.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Only curves adjustments were made, when I reset to the raw image the trees are still glowing!
              What software are you reviewing the files in? It's not the dreaded Lightroom by any chance - it automatically applies "corrections" even to RAW files.

Do you see the same issues in the RAW file if opened in your camera manufacturer's own software (as long as you still have the original that hasn't been opened in LR).

The normal cause of luminous aberration is over sharpening, which could be in camera (check your settings - even with RAW) or post processing software. With photoshop you can "defringe".

...all of this assumes you are using a prime lens with no filters and no HDR/Low light boost

Comment

using a prime lens, actually a fixed lens so no changing that. I hate LR. Sharping is reduced by default but did increase it a little post processing.

I'm not really into post processing to be honest, don't have the time. Those pics are what remained from over 80-100 that were taken.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Comment

Only curves adjustments were made,...
                    Sharping ... did increase it a little post processing.
                    Take your pick. Why do some people like to claim they did no adjustments in a certain area, then when challenged admit that they did some.

I'm not surprised togs get bad rep for "photoshopping"

Comment

Working...
                    X