• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collaborative Tools - Are they ever useful?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collaborative Tools - Are they ever useful?

New Client uses Slack, ok fair enough, downloaded the app and had a play, and mostly it's full of people posting silly meme's that belong on facebook, same team use's three different "slacks" and I have to log onto each one individually across every platform, is there a way to have a single generic login which automatically signs me into them all
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    New Client uses Slack, ok fair enough, downloaded the app and had a play, and mostly it's full of people posting silly meme's that belong on facebook, same team use's three different "slacks" and I have to log onto each one individually across every platform, is there a way to have a single generic login which automatically signs me into them all
    Isn’t that LinkedIn?

Comment

Why can't they fecking walk over and talk to each other like normal human beings?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Why can't they fecking walk over and talk to each other like normal human beings?
        Hard to walk to Texas if you're in London...

Comment

We use slack.

I have one log in and then we have loads of channels.

We have a random channel for your meme posting but in the 'work related' channels it is kept to work related stuff.

It is useful if properly set up and people have the discipline to use it properly.

If you work with a bunch of idiots then you are better beating them on the head with a length of 2x4 to get their attention

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
            Hard to walk to Texas if you're in London...
            Even better then as they can't talk to you.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Confluence - pretty useful tool.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Isn’t that LinkedIn?
                Now LinkedIn I do find useful, I connect with anyone who want's too (even some beardy weidry UNIX admin's), yes there is a lot of crap in the feed, but if you learn how to filter our the SNR there are more opportunities on there than CWJobs etc., so much so I got this gig from LinkedIn rather than the traditional routes
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Confluence - pretty useful tool.
                  with hipchat integration

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Used Slack with one login. Its not great but better than Skype. Setup to have separate channels for different parts of the development. You could subscribe if interested or not etc.

Anyone know on the new Skype app for the pc where you can change the idle timeout for status changes. The last thing I want is my clients to know when I'm not doing anything?
                    Last edited by woohoo; 3 August 2017, 11:46.

Comment

Working...
                    X