• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoE downgrades GDP growth. Pound plummets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Hasn't 'plummeted' very far...
    I have €1360.00 chucked in my desk drawer, let me know when I will get the best rate for cashing them in.....
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I have €1360.00 chucked in my desk drawer, let me know when I will get the best rate for cashing them in.....
      Don't hold your breath - or let your oxygen tanks run out...
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Good news for jam exporters.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          I really look forward to them locking us out of the market. Im sure it wont hurt them at all...
          I really look forward to British manufactured cars and Cornish red wine with a dab of Highland olive oil.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Better bu those euros quick before it reaches parity... EU will be putting up rates soon.

Last month or so

Today

Last edited by scooterscot; 3 August 2017, 15:49.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

12:00 1.185
              Now 1.107

So that's a loss of £78 in a couple of hours on a £1000 FX for someone on holiday
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Now 1.107

So that's a loss of £78 in a couple of hours on a £1000 FX for someone on holiday
                not sure where you got your figures from but it was no where near 1.185. it closed at 1.1151 yesterday, so maybe you meant 1.1185?

So it's a loss of about £10.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Now 1.107

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nment-journeys

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
                    not sure where you got your figures from but it was no where near 1.185. it closed at 1.1151 yesterday, so maybe you meant 1.1185?

So it's a loss of about £10.
                    I think you are right... I won't rush to the FX then
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Better but those euros quick before it reaches parity... EU will be putting up rates soon.

Last month or so

Today

You're comparing 2 different timeframes?

I watch £/$ anyway which has already shrugged this news off. The technical are still intact
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X