• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Of the two GM and Ford I prefer GM, I have an 18 year old Vectra and very happy with it, try the Vauxhall Insignia, looks very stylish.
    In your old man opinion.

OP if you want to look like an old fart get a Vectra or Insignia. Oh and Vauxhall's drive like tulip.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another vote for the Mondeo. Go for the 2.0d Titanium X and you'll get all the toys and still have change.

Loads of space, comfortable, reliable, run forever and cost bugger all to maintain.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        In your old man opinion.

OP if you want to look like an old fart get a Vectra or Insignia. Oh and Vauxhall's drive like tulip.
        I always find middle aged drivers in trendy cars look rather ridiculous. They're just publicising their mid-life crisis.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I always find middle aged drivers in trendy cars look rather ridiculous. They're just publicising their mid-life crisis.
          You are presuming SandyD looks old.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You are presuming SandyD looks old.
            More importantly, what about yourself ?

Can you carry it off ?

be honest

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Of the two GM and Ford I prefer GM, I have an 18 year old Vectra and very happy with it, try the Vauxhall Insignia, looks very stylish.
              So much explained in one short sentence...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

AtW's insurance will be >£15k now.

Comment

And to answer the OP's question, I'm not sure I'd be buying a diesel right now. If councils start banning them (or imposing ridiculous charges) in towns and cities then values will plummet. You may get a good deal on one now, but it won't be worth much if you only want to keep it for a few years and then sell it on. Sales of new diesels are already down 25% on last year, which should be ringing alarm bells.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    So much explained in one short sentence...
                    ...and the Mondeo is cool

The Isignia is clearly better than a Mondeo, and any German will tell you that, because they don't drive Mondeos for good reason.

Ford Mondeo vs Vauxhall Insignia | Auto Express

...but then again this is a country that voted Brexit

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I need SUV, not saloons, hybrid, zero road tax, low emission, automatic ... SUV mainly cuz I need to transfer stuff / removal type back forth quite often.
                      I have jag xtype now, cost a lot in petrol, high road tax, no space for moving furniture etc!!!but I really love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X