• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoo hah at Wentworth Golf Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Plenty of golf courses in the home counties but not enough suckers who want to play....
    ...not enough people who want to pay the ridiculous fees to play.

The club sold out - it was purely about profits, the club was not interested in the sport at all.

Selling off power stations, banks, the national grid, inner city property, etc, to foreign investors that's all OK in the Tory heartland, but when their golf courses get sold off, then they react
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Really?

WGAS, as if we just need to worry about just golf courses being bought .

As was suggested earlier if they cared that much they should have outbid the Chinese.

My heart fecking bleeds that bunch of 's are going to travel a little further, from their Surrey heartlands to play their stupid game
      Right. Even allowing for the fact that you don't move in the golfing circles to which I belong and are therefore not privy to the Paul Casey Golf proposals your comment is still a bloody disgrace.

Item: Just turn what you said on its head and imagine it was an inner city public play area that had been sold off to Chinese developers and all those poor children, many of them from ethnic backgrounds, now had to travel a few miles to kick a ball around.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth wouldn't stop. And I'd be in line to condemn it too.

But, oh no, something that inconveniences a bunch of rich, sexist old men in flash cars is something to gloat over. Well check your prejudice pal - they ain't all white and they ain't all male. Derek Griffiths (RIP) was a member and Kenny Lynch still is a member. And so is that Asian woman who reads the news on BBC Television but I can't spell her name.

For your sake, I can only hope you piss off to Venezuela (where they have a penchant for building houses for poor people on golf courses) before I take a nine iron to your goolies.

You're a bloody disgrace.

Comment

Surely this is a good thing? All those rich Chinese coming over and spending their money, investing in the economy when it is now needed
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Right. Even allowing for the fact that you don't move in the golfing circles to which I belong and are therefore not privy to the Paul Casey Golf proposals your comment is still a bloody disgrace.

Item: Just turn what you said on its head and imagine it was an inner city public play area that had been sold off to Chinese developers and all those poor children, many of them from ethnic backgrounds, now had to travel a few miles to kick a ball around.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth wouldn't stop. And I'd be in line to condemn it too.

But, oh no, something that inconveniences a bunch of rich, sexist old men in flash cars is something to gloat over. Well check your prejudice pal - they ain't all white and they ain't all male. Derek Griffiths (RIP) was a member and Kenny Lynch still is a member. And so is that Asian woman who reads the news on BBC Television but I can't spell her name.

For your sake, I can only hope you piss off to Venezuela (where they have a penchant for building houses for poor people on golf courses) before I take a nine iron to your goolies.

Your analogy is tulip.

Rich old men can afford and are able to play golf elsewhere.

However poor children are too young to be mobile on their own, and even if they could move around on their own do not have the economy means to.

This is why no-one gives a tulip about a golf course as it isn't a place of special historical or scientific interest.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Pompous twat

Sockie circles that you belong, would be far more appropriate.

All who could easily afford the £8K per year, don't get your point, it was hardly a golf club of the people.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            ...not enough people who want to pay the ridiculous fees to play.

The club sold out - it was purely about profits, the club was not interested in the sport at all.

Selling off power stations, banks, the national grid, inner city property, etc, to foreign investors that's all OK in the Tory heartland, but when their golf courses get sold off, then they react
            Was actually more to what I was alluding to.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Your analogy is tulip.

However poor children are too young to be mobile on their own, and even if they could move around on their own do not have the economy means to.

This is why no-one gives a tulip about a golf course as it isn't a place of special historical or scientific interest.
              But why should they have to.

This is exactly the SJW crap we are bored of.

It's almost like "oh because you have worked hard and are successful your rights are now less valid than some council estate scrote who has never worked a day in their lives and have always been a burden on the state'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                But why should they have to.

This is exactly the SJW crap we are bored of.

It's almost like "oh because you have worked hard and are successful your rights are now less valid than some council estate scrote who has never worked a day in their lives and have always been a burden on the state'
                Sockie was comparing children to adults now you are twisting it to say those children are council estate scrotes....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Your analogy is tulip.

Again, you can barely disguise your prejudice.

Your ageist and sexist comment no doubt stems from your misconception of people who are members of golf clubs being the nineteenth hole boors of yesteryear.

As for the rich part, I bet you don't have any problem with all those rich, lefty, metropolitan blowhards who pay £5k to stay in a tipi for a weekend each year at the Glastonbury festival.
                  Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 7 August 2017, 11:47.

Comment

Your ageist and sexist comment no doubt stems from your misconception of people who are members of golf clubs being the nineteenth hole boors of yesteryear.

As for the rich part, I bet you don't have any problem with all those rich, lefty, metropolitan blowhards who pay £5k to stay in a tipi* for a weekend each year at the Glastonbury festival.
                    Sp teepee

But it's true - it is fine to discriminate against those perceived as privileged

Comment

When you get to know SE a bit better, you will find that the notion of a "disguise" is fanciful codswallop.

She is the archetypal handwringing latte-slurping tofu-munching metropolitan mealy-mouthed feminist windbag. All IMHO of course, but I try not to fly in the face of public opinion.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X