• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any car-nuts here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why is it dangerous to drive? I learned to drive on cars without power steering... it's a labour-saving aid. Only at very low speed is it problematic, 3-point turns and so on.

Bunch of pampered wusses.
    Because these things are added to make cars safer. The cars in the old days had much simpler steering setups. Dead power steering will be adding load to the system, not just broken. Cars in the old days were much less safe so the argument you learnt to drive in one so this one isnt dangerous is a bit mehhh.

See how safe it is when you are trying to swerve to avoid a kid and you can't because your steering is knackered.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      See how safe it is when you are trying to swerve to avoid a kid and you can't because your steering is knackered.
      Good point. Regrettably this is not just a Darwin Award moment.

Doogie, are you a contractor or what? Get a grip.

Comment

It is drivable safely in the current condition or I wouldn't - however the fact the part is faulty is why I wondered about having it removed entirely. But how a modern steering rack fits together I've no idea about. The only thing I saw online was about someone wanting to do similar for track-racing their car.

If it's not feasible we'll probably just scrap it. The only recent use it had was transporting logs up the drive which we didn't want to get in a nicer car
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think you've had your answer.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Get a grip
            +1

one day at a time

Comment

It is drivable safely in the current condition or I wouldn't
              In whose opinion? What are the qualifications of this person to make this assessment?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Why keep a car that is now clearly dangerous to drive? Give it to the Butler and get yourself something safe to drive.
                Oh great, and what about the Butler you psycho *****...***!!!!

Comment

How would you feel if you lost control on your way to the tip and ran over a 3 year old kid?
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

It is drivable safely in the current condition or I wouldn't - however the fact the part is faulty is why I wondered about having it removed entirely. But how a modern steering rack fits together I've no idea about. The only thing I saw online was about someone wanting to do similar for track-racing their car.

If it's not feasible we'll probably just scrap it. The only recent use it had was transporting logs up the drive which we didn't want to get in a nicer car
                    Trade it for a 20 year old Suzuki jeep then...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

**** me, what a bunch of bed wetters.

Lose control or can't swerve because power steering has failed? You honestly think it would be legal to sell a car that you couldn't steer in the even of a pump failure? It is a Mazda 3 with tiny little narrow front tyres ffs.

Comment

Working...
                      X