• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any car-nuts here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    OP I agree with others you cant just take the power steering off. I know in the old days cars didnt have but new cars are designed to have it - chances are you wont be able to turn the wheel if its off.

I had problems with an Audi A4. Power steer packed up suddently. I could hardly steer it to the side of the road it was so heavy.

Saying that theres a lot to be said about using an old banger (thats safe) because you aint losing anything. My 7 year Galaxy is still going strong at 120K. Loathe to get rid because its paid for and it works.

But I always things car packs up and you cant get to client one day is gonna be costly maybe.
    I got caught by this once. Had a long journey ahead and taxi would have been prohibitive and no good train option. These guys were great in an emergency. http://www.europcar.co.uk/services/c...er-and-collect

Comment

Working...
    X