• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gap in death rates between North and South

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap in death rates between North and South

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-england-study

Clearly this is not nearly wide enough - how can we make the gap bigger?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Instead of building HS2, build a wall going across to divide the grim bits from the south.
    I think the Thames would be a good starting point, then continue it along the M4 corridor, making sure that Swindon doesn't accidentally creep into the south.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-england-study

Move to the North with the current Mrs BP.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Move to the North with the current Mrs BP.
        That's not fair on Mrs BP.

After his next divorce he should move North.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Instead of building HS2, build a wall going across to divide the grim bits from the south.
          I think the Thames would be a good starting point, then continue it along the M4 corridor, making sure that Swindon doesn't accidentally creep into the south.
          Swindon is south of the Thames, but north of the M4. Isn't that going to complicate things?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            Swindon is south of the Thames, but north of the M4. Isn't that going to complicate things?
            Geographically in the south. Economically, socially and aesthetically in the grim north.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              That's not fair on Mrs BP.

After his next divorce he should move North.
              I was thinking they could move north and then she could kill him with a defence of provocation.

Comment

Chuckled at this news and was questioned at work. The answer?

Oddly for a Jock I was 24 before I had my first deep fried mars bar and it was served in a chip shop in Stratford On Avon.

Still don't reckon I'll see much beyond 60 .....I drink too much wine for it to be good for me

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  I was thinking they could move north and then she could kill him with a defence of provocation.
                  If they move North they would have a house with a nice garage then she could accidentally run him over while reversing.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    If they move North they would have a house with a nice garage then she could accidentally run him over while reversing.
                    Would the Official Receiver allow a garage?

Comment

Working...
                    X