• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staff shortages pushing up wages...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    been trying o recruit a decorator recently had a tonne of quotes from both UK nationals and migrant labour . . . . they're charging a blooming fortune
    More likely you are blooming cheap.

Also some migrants now live here properly.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

been trying o recruit a decorator recently had a tonne of quotes from both UK nationals and migrant labour . . . . they're charging a blooming fortune
      Can you clarify 'fortune' just for interest really!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        If Sainsbury's Aldi and Lidl all want to pay staff more - that's good news?
        Not if you are a morose manic-depressive Bremoaner it isn't. It just shoots yet another hole in their foot.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          If Sainsbury's Aldi and Lidl all want to pay staff more - that's good news?
          Logic fail.

I didn't say Aldi and Lidl were paying their staff more, I just said to stop losing staff to them Sainsburys is paying its staff better.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 9 August 2017, 12:38.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Logic fail.

I didn't say Aldi and Lidl were paying their staff more, I just said to stop losing staff to them Sainsburys is paying its staff better.
            Logic fail yourself, if Sainsbury's is raising wages to stop people leaving (because of wages) quite clearly wages are increasing across the market.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Haven't really thought this through have you dear?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Can you clarify 'fortune' just for interest really!
                range of quotes - £8400 - £1500
                (based on about 10 quotations)

even the migrant labour wanted £2000 for 20 days decorating work, £100 p/d isn't bad but I'm skint

Comment

More likely you are blooming cheap.

Also some migrants now live here properly.
                  you're so easily triggered

Comment

I'm skint
                    Why don't you do some decorating work at £100 per day to replenish your coffers?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Why don't you do some decorating work at £100 per day to replenish your coffers?
                      because I'm fortunate enough that my skills / labour command slightly more than £100 p/d

of course I could do it myself but losing hundreds of £ per day to save one isn't exactly financially prudent

but you're a savvy investor you would know that already

Comment

Working...
                      X