Oldest trick in the book - not just agents! Oldest trick in the book - not just agents!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,215

    Default Oldest trick in the book - not just agents!

    Booking a villa for hols. 17 days. Got a quote from someone. Pretty good price. Looking at their availability calendar it seems our booking fitted exactly into a 19 day slot they had.

    All along dates were at top of email (it was booked via homeaway). I even confirmed the dates and price.

    So I send off booking form and go to pay. Suddenly, oops, owner says that I accidentally gave you price for two weeks not 17 days. So its £200 more.

    Yeh yeh nice try. Seen that one before. The old, "made a mistake with rate" or "clients budget has been cut".

    Seems like the guy was initially happy to fill a booking but got a bit greedy. I'll be saying no thanks.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

    PhiltheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Balmoral
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Booking a villa for hols. 17 days. Got a quote from someone. Pretty good price. Looking at their availability calendar it seems our booking fitted exactly into a 19 day slot they had.

    All along dates were at top of email (it was booked via homeaway). I even confirmed the dates and price.

    So I send off booking form and go to pay. Suddenly, oops, owner says that I accidentally gave you price for two weeks not 17 days. So its £200 more.

    Yeh yeh nice try. Seen that one before. The old, "made a mistake with rate" or "clients budget has been cut".

    Seems like the guy was initially happy to fill a booking but got a bit greedy. I'll be saying no thanks.
    A static caravan is not a villa. Anyway, wouldn't 17 days away mean missing 3 weeks signing on, or are you going to Barry so you can nip home?

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    A static caravan is not a villa. Anyway, wouldn't 17 days away mean missing 3 weeks signing on, or are you going to Barry so you can nip home?
    Not everyone has a wife's castle or two to holiday in.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #4

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    18,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Not everyone has a wife's castle or two to holiday in.
    Speak for yourself!
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

    Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

  5. #5

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    A static caravan is not a villa. Anyway, wouldn't 17 days away mean missing 3 weeks signing on, or are you going to Barry so you can nip home?
    Don't think they got any caravans at Barry these days? Trecco Bay Porthcawl is the place.

    I did go to Florida once whilst claiming JSA. Had to miss payment for these weeks. BTW - rules are if you holiday abroad in the EU you can still claim whilst away.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  6. #6

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    A static caravan is not a villa. Anyway, wouldn't 17 days away mean missing 3 weeks signing on, or are you going to Barry so you can nip home?
    Barry and PC cover each others breaks.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

    PhiltheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Balmoral
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Barry and PC cover each others breaks.
    On your 'bored housewife' chatline?

  8. #8

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    On your 'bored housewife' chatline?
    PC and Barry do first line helpdesk and help out with mopping up and other BAU work.

    Apparently it's borderline IR35. It is what it is.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  9. #9

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    PC and Barry do first line helpdesk and help out with mopping up and other BAU work.

    Apparently it's borderline IR35. It is what it is.
    Yeh yeh yeh. Look at me I'm bertie big bollox lol.

    Hasvent touched a PC in years. As I've said many times, never touched 1st line support ever. Went from being developer to 2nd line and that was 25 years ago.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  10. #10

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Barry and PC cover each others breaks.
    Think Phil is on about Barry Island - beach resort in south wales made famous by gavin and stacey. tuliphole it is mind.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •