• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rooting out the Enemies of the People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooting out the Enemies of the People

More nice work form our patriotic compatriots. Makes you proud.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...f-acid-attacks

“I have been getting threats of having acid thrown in my face for months and months now. When I see someone walk towards me on the street with a bottle of water or something, I just freak out,” she told news website Verdict magazine.

With the backdrop of a spate of acid attacks across the country, she said: “My life has completely changed.”

Miller spoke of her fears for her life just weeks after Rhodri Phillips, 50, the 4th Viscount St Davids, was jailed for 12 weeks for racially abusing her on social media.

Four days after she won her supreme court case against the government, Phillips offered a bounty for her to be run over. He offered “£5,000 for the first person to ‘accidentally’ run over this bloody troublesome first generation immigrant”.

He described her as a “boat jumper” adding: “If this is what we should expect from immigrants, send them back to their stinking jungles”.

In a statement to court, Miller said she felt “violated” by his remarks, which were “offensive, racist and hateful”.

But even Phillips’ three-month jail sentence has not put people off sending malicious messages and death threats, Miller said.

“I get people who send me death threats who include their name and full address on the letters. People are so bold that they just don’t hide,” she said.

Parliament is sovereign!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm not advocating threats or violence under any circumstances, however...

Maybe, just maybe she might like to reflect that she could have just let democracy take its course rather than trying to subvert it for her own ends via the courts...

Just saying...
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

Maybe, just maybe she might like to reflect that she could have just let democracy take its course rather than trying to subvert it for her own ends via the courts...

Just saying...
        Typical Brexiter wank ..." I'm not advocating blah blah ..." with the implied "but".
        The point is her actions forced democracy to happen. Parliament is sovereign in the UK.
        The woman should be given a medal.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just saying...
          Are these the courts of a democratic country that agreed with her that the executive should not run roughshod over the sovereign parliament?

Why do you hate British democracy so much?

Comment

I'm not racist but...
            I'm not sexist but...
            I'm not homophobic but...

Just saying...
            Parliamentary sovereignty | University of Oxford

The Tories...**** democracy...

One of the most disturbing consequences of the referendum has been the insistence that the Government is entitled to exercise its powers in relation to Brexit without involving Parliament. In a constitution whose central principle is Parliamentary sovereignty, such claims must be viewed with deep suspicion. Human rights are already precarious if left in the hands of a sovereign Parliament without a written constitution, especially where, as in the UK, the legislature is heavily dominated by the executive. Even more so if Parliament can be sidestepped.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

All this whining and gurning about "democracy" being subverted from the retarded clique that have been complaining about the outcome of a democratic referendum for over a year now.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just saying...
                This must be the most stupid and ignorant post on CUK.

Obviously you don't understand what is democracy. If you think that democracy means the a simple majority of the electorate can completely ignore the remainder of the electorate then, that is what Mugabe does.

The "we have won, therefore; we can do what we like" attitude is what happened in Egypt when the Muslim Brotherhood won the election.
                The winners when about smashing up bars and restaurants because they sold alcohol. They were threatening women who would not cover themselves up.

Democracy means taking in consideration all of the electorate and indeed the silent majority.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The threats are very unpleasant. I hope the Police catch them & prosecute them.

End of that point.

The Lady attempted to derail the process and failed. I am glad she did because most failed bremainers would still be complaining about the legality of Brexit in 20 years if she hadn't.

see two different points.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    All this whining and gurning about "democracy" being subverted from the retarded clique that have been complaining about the outcome of a democratic referendum for over a year now.

On the contrary I wish they'd get on with it. But of course in a whole year none of the Brexiters has come up with any credible plan.
                    Walk out of negotiations I say, let's give the Brexiters what they want ... a hard Brexit
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X