• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bang - It continues..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently it's up to them, the residents, if they leave their flats over safety concerns.

And the cracks (massive gaps) are a different concern to the gas apparently.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Apparently it's up to them, the residents, if they leave their flats over safety concerns.

And the cracks (massive gaps) are a different concern to the gas apparently.
      So presumably the landlord / freeholder is saying that it's safe to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        What a nasty little scrote you are.
        Oooh look i think i have just found your sense of humour down the back of the sofa.

Fact is if these buildings are unsafe then the residents should either be offered fair value; should they own them or be re-housed if they are within the social housing system.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Oooh look i think i have just found your sense of humour down the back of the sofa.

Fact is if these buildings are unsafe then the residents should either be offered fair value; should they own them or be re-housed if they are within the social housing system.
          Or demonised as crystal meth manufacturers.

Comment

So presumably the landlord / freeholder is saying that it's safe to stay?
            Yep cos it would cost them less if they stayed there then rehousing them.

Comment

Yep cos it would cost them less if they stayed there then rehousing them.
              I wonder what the insurers make of it.

Comment

I wonder what the insurers make of it.
                The insurers would say get them out NOW!

While the council will try and argue that is the persons free will....

Comment

Towers like Grenfell are also 20x more likely to get hit by a meteor as well
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It happened in 1968.
                    I know, but I'm sure there was another case much more recently, in East London I think.

Also, I knew someone in on the fourth floor of a 20-storey (or so) block in a big housing estate called Clem Atlee court in Fulham, and there was a huge crack running across his sitting room wall. Once when I visited on a windy autumn evening, you could hear the crack groaning and actually feel it changing width!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Councils are just good for terrorising private landlords, and asking them go through hoops for health and safety, double standards… so many times when they inspect my rental property which is in top conditions I wanted to ask the pompous inspector to accompany him into their own council houses to see how they applied these recommendations…. But I just smile and bite my tongue.

Comment

Working...
                      X