• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to be happy in the office.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is slightly different to caring less.

It is about not being emotionally involved.

So yes by all means work hard and put as much effort as you can into something but if things change and that work is 'wasted' do not give yourself and ulcer worrying about it.

Because they key thing is the work is not 'wasted' you are paid by some one to do something (regardless of whether you are perm or contract) so if you spend 16 hours being paid by someone to do something which they subsequently decide to throw down the drain - so what you did the work and got paid.

I agree that it will be demotivating if you continually see your work being thrown down the pan but that is not really something which happens that often.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You clearly care what NLUK thinks. Which is odd. The rest of us only care what his accountant thinks...
      NLUK and I have the same accountant. My accountant told me to care what NLUK thinks.

Comment

Spoiler alert: NLUK is an accountant trying to drum up new business.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Spoiler alert: NLUK is an accountant trying to drum up new business.
          I'll take that. Better than previous accusations of being an agent.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I might have to google that to find out when it happened.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No No No... Previous accusations include:
              a) Twunt
              b) Tedious Twunt
              c) Winker
              d) Cockwomble

Although agents may also face similar accusations - that's not equating you o an agent

hth

Comment

how to be happy in the office???

easy! - Work From Home

Comment

Working...
                X