• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Sender Didn't Pay the Full Postage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sender Didn't Pay the Full Postage

I don't think I've ever had one of these until a month or two ago... now we've had 3 in that time. Has something changed in the rules that businesses are getting caught out, or has RM started clamping down more strictly on existing rules?

Apart from the annoyance of having to sort it out and having to pay to receive something without knowing if you want it, in all 3 cases the letter was dated about 3 weeks prior. Meaning that potentially important documents (in our case from estate agents and surveyors) are getting lost.

Has anyone else seen a similar, worrying trend?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't think I've ever had one of these until a month or two ago... now we've had 3 in that time. Has something changed in the rules that businesses are getting caught out, or has RM started clamping down more strictly on existing rules?

Apart from the annoyance of having to sort it out and having to pay to receive something without knowing if you want it, in all 3 cases the letter was dated about 3 weeks prior. Meaning that potentially important documents (in our case from estate agents and surveyors) are getting lost.

Always been the case. I remember many years ago working at a place where HR didn't put the correct postage on invitation to interview letters. Caused a lot of angst as a candidate had been appointed by the time some candidates go their letter.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Always been the case. I remember many years ago working at a place where HR didn't put the correct postage on invitation to interview letters. Caused a lot of angst as a candidate had been appointed by the time some candidates go their letter.
      Better that than their redundancy letters I guess....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Better that than their redundancy letters I guess....
        That's why you always put extra stamps when sending intimate photographs to members of the local judiciary.

Comment

The only worrying trend I have seen is on pointless threads.

Though at least it is better than Brexit ones....

Comment

I don't think I've ever had one of these until a month or two ago... now we've had 3 in that time. Has something changed in the rules that businesses are getting caught out, or has RM started clamping down more strictly on existing rules? ...
            A year or two ago the Royal Mail postage charging rules were changed from the longstanding UK weight-based system to the EU size-based one.

So if you have to post a feather light single page in an A4 envelope you now need two or three first class stamps, all thanks to the EU.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              A year or two ago the Royal Mail postage charging rules were changed from the longstanding UK weight-based system to the EU size-based one.

So if you have to post a feather light single page in an A4 envelope you now need two or three first class stamps, all thanks to the EU.
              With reductions if it conforms to the correct shape of a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Liar, fantasist & Mince Boy have you seen Rees - Mog's new haircut?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  With reductions if it conforms to the correct shape of a banana.

Comment

Working...
                  X