Hipster causes murder on a bike Hipster causes murder on a bike - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Posts 181 to 185 of 185
  1. #181

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    The funniest thing I've seen in London is a cyclist stopping at a red light on a pedestrian crossing with no-one crossing.
    Is this because it was London or the red light? I always stop - it's a red light!

  2. #182

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Is this because it was London or the red light? I always stop - it's a red light!
    Because no-one was there - absolutely no-one.

    All the other traffic hadn't reached the crossing and I was further down the road but facing him so if he had sneaked through no-one would have noticed. I only noticed because he hadn't and was wondering why he had stopped.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  3. #183

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You should have.

    The funniest thing I've seen in London is a cyclist stopping at a red light on a pedestrian crossing with no-one crossing.

    However he was unlike the motorist who decided she could go through a crossing red light and nearly mow me down just because she was turning on the main road from a side road.


    Name and shame

  4. #184

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post


    Name and shame
    Nah as it would be something I do to have a breather.

    Male vehicle drivers already wonder why when they indicate I can go in front of them I refused to. After seeing another female cyclists arse gawked at, as you could see her complete bum through her thin shorts, I don't take risks like that.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #185

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nah as it would be something I do to have a breather.

    Male vehicle drivers already wonder why when they indicate I can go in front of them I refused to. After seeing another female cyclists arse gawked at, as you could see her complete bum through her thin shorts, I don't take risks like that.
    It could be worse. They might stop staring at your arse.

    Of course MAMILs cannot win. Go past a woman and you are aggressive and cannot let a woman go past you. Go behind and you are staring at her arse.

    Still, marriage has taught me I am always wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •