• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kasparov unretires

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kasparov unretires

Chess legend Kasparov suspends retirement for tournament - BBC News

He has heard that assguru's chess program is about to make its first move! It's got to be a good move, it's been thinking since 1992!!

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    He has heard that assguru's chess program is about to make its first move!

Comment

Chess legend Kasparov suspends retirement for tournament - BBC News

He has heard that assguru's chess program is about to make its first move! It's got to be a good move, it's been thinking since 1992!!
      Well it appears to be much quicker on the uptake than sas is anyway.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Interesting to see how he gets on. Some older chess players (e.g. Smyslov, Spassky and Korchnoi) seemed to go on and on.

Comment

I think if he avoids humiliation he'll be doing well. Although I understand he has stayed quite current in the chess world so might not be blindsided too much.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's only a hiatus for a 5-day comp (allegedly). He has some tough competition. I hope he plays Fabiano Caruana. Chess at that level has changed in 20 years, but his presence might intimidate some younger players. If he does play Caruana, I would like to run assguru's chess program alongside the game- so we can do analysis of the game on the fly for this website. We can have a thread for each game and post suggested moves from assguru's program "deep poo". It might provide some insight- just like its programmer might one day.

Comment

It's only a hiatus for a 5-day comp (allegedly). He has some tough competition. I hope he plays Fabiano Caruana. Chess at that level has changed in 20 years, but his presence might intimidate some younger players. If he does play Caruana, I would like to run assguru's chess program alongside the game- so we can do analysis of the game on the fly for this website. We can have a thread for each game and post suggested moves from assguru's program "deep poo". It might provide some insight- just like its programmer might one day.
              It's eating you up that I'm more intelligent than you, was a far better programmer (I've moved on to other things nowadays) and most important, far far, wealthier than you'll ever be.
              Envy will kill you. Give it up. You've done Ok, given your talents.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                It's eating you up that I'm more intelligent than you, was a far better programmer (I've moved on to other things nowadays) and most important, far far, wealthier than you'll ever be.
                Envy will kill you. Give it up. You've done Ok, given your talents.
                Not at all, I just enjoy unravelling your personality facade with my question and response experiment. You cannot help but reply. You just cannot help yourself. Your personality disorder prevents you turning away.

You're wealthier than me? What an odd retort. Why don't you say "I have a larger big toe than you and that is eating you up!". It's just as arbitrary. But your use of that particular line of defence says a lot about you.

Comment

Not at all, I just enjoy unravelling your personality facade with my question and response experiment. You cannot help but reply. You just cannot help yourself. Your personality disorder prevents you turning away.

You're wealthier than me? What an odd retort. Why don't you say "I have a larger big toe than you and that is eating you up!". It's just as arbitrary. But your use of that particular line of defence says a lot about you.
                  Thanks for playing.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Thanks for playing.
                    See, I knew you'd be back to confirm the BPD.

Come back to take your ball home have you?

In a minute you'll be back for your goalie gloves.

Then it'll be your whistle.

Then your nets.

Your issues force you to have the last word.

Until you are trapped in a corner, then you go quiet-right?

Comment

Working...
                    X