• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F*** off unless you are Christian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Got blown up all out of proportion.
    Like your comments on Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      The Swiss don't really like anybody. They're a nation of little Hitlers, look what they did to NAT...
      The Swiss do not need to LIKE any one. They already have ALL the money.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        We know they don't like Muslims but now they are showing they really don't like Jews -

linky
        Bit racist - slagging off an entire nationality as anti-semitic over the actions of a single thoughtless individual (no malice intended, but does show a fairly typical lack of awareness of acceptability). Here's the Swiss take on the issue.

You might as well condemn every Briton as stupid due to the actions of just 52% of those who voted.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Bit racist - slagging off an entire nationality as anti-semitic over the actions of a single thoughtless individual (no malice intended, but does show a fairly typical lack of awareness of acceptability). Here's the Swiss take on the issue.

You might as well condemn every Briton as stupid due to the actions of just 52% of those who voted.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            The Swiss do not need to LIKE any one. They already have ALL the money.
            They have all the gold that DP does not have.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Why is it wrong for somone to effectively put up a sign in their property saying
              'My property my rules - if you don't like it fook off'?
              To address that specific point, this would allow shop owners to put up signs saying 'No Jews allowed' if that was their rule. I am sure we can all see what is wrong with that. Everyone on CUK will deplore antisemitism, with the exception of churchill, of course: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tchet-job.html

Really? How many Jews do you know?

They're in it for themselves. If you're a Gentile you're there to be used.

However, I don't read the Swiss case in this way. It looks as if the hotel is very accommodating to the strict dietary requirements of certain Jewish customers, and therefore attracts a significant Jewish clientele. Some complaints have been made by other guests and the staff about some behaviours. The hotel should have addressed this by not directing signs specifically at Jewish customers. Not sure whether there's any malice here, just incredible daftness and insensitivity. But maybe the whole story is not being told.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Like your comments on Brexit.
                You mean the headlines I post from the Newspapers. It's the Brexiteers and in particular the Daily Express that provides the entertainment.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Why is it wrong for somone to effectively put up a sign in their property saying
                  'My property my rules - if you don't like it fook off'?
                  Because you shouldn't discriminate gender, race, religion.

They needed to say ALL guests must shower before using the pool...
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Golden?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

It is a private company and therefore the person who owns it can make the rules.

It is back to the argument that a business owner has a right to decide who they do business with and on what terms - if that offends a group of people the outcome should be that that business losses those customers custom and therefore any revenue which would have been generated from those customers.

In much the same way as a customer I have a right to decide where I spend my money.

Comment

Working...
                      X