• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax liability cover - do i need it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you add the same question about your house insurance?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      I use Qdos too, you get a free IR35 check too on your contract (1 a year from memory?) and I've always found them to be professional and quick.

I've never had to "claim" though so can't comment on that side.

Welcome to the forums! Am surprised you didn't get any snotty answers within about 750ms off some of the cliquey brigade on here; if you do, don't post in General again
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I was on pubic transport so couldn't post about gladiators.
        freudian slip ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          freudian slip ??
          Is that really a Freudian Slip? A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish or internal train of thought. The concept is part of classical psychoanalysis.

Classical examples of parapraxes involve slips of the tongue and of the pen, but psychoanalytic theory also embraces misreadings, mishearings, temporary forgettings, and the mislaying and losing of objects.

This just looks like a spelling/autocorrect mistake to me.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Is that really a Freudian Slip? A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish or internal train of thought. The concept is part of classical psychoanalysis.

Classical examples of parapraxes involve slips of the tongue and of the pen, but psychoanalytic theory also embraces misreadings, mishearings, temporary forgettings, and the mislaying and losing of objects.

This just looks like a spelling/autocorrect mistake to me.
            good grief! - a bigger twat than sasbaws !

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              good grief! - a bigger twat than sasbaws !
              One that can use capitals though.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                FTFY
                Erm, no.

General != [Forum where only Twunts can post, preferably with just acronyms (FTFY, CUATB, MTFU etc.) and even then only Twunts with a post count of say 25,000+]
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Btucks View Post
                  Hi,

First time contractor, been going for a few months and operating as a limited company doing the low salary/high dividends. The work im doing is systems engineering.

Question is do I need tax liability cover, ie some protection against potential IR35 queries? (the company ive been looking at is Qdos).

I can find much online about if they are required (apart from the companies that sell them obviously).

Thanks in advance
                  I have both, and endorse both for different reasons. Whilst there might be overlap, they do offer complementary services.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                    Erm, no.

General != [Forum where only Twunts can post, preferably with just acronyms (FTFY, CUATB, MTFU etc.) and even then only Twunts with a post count of say 25,000+]
                    The idea of post count is that new posters get an idea of who is good to listen to. Same with rep, likes and thanks.

You fail on all of those....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      The idea of post count is that new posters get an idea of who is good to listen to. Same with rep, likes and thanks.

You fail on all of those....
                      Stop being mean.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X