• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn leaves reality behind again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    So, vetran, are you saying that all Pakistani men are grooming girls? Every single one of them?
    To infer that is beyond thick. And this here is the problem... let's stifle a real issue with claims of racism...

Comment

There should be no discussion at all of the race of those committing the crimes. The only time race should be discussed is it affects whether or not the crimes are investigated.

If found guilty, they should be castrated.

Why didn't Corbyn say that?

I really should be one of his policy advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        There should be no discussion at all of the race of those committing the crimes.
        Or if there maybe is actually a problem with a minority group of people committing the largest amount of a particularly horrible crime.
        Maybe we should discuss it as ignoring it has either worsened, or created the initial problem.

There is NO reason to NOT discuss truth and facts however unappealing they may be to some groups.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

There should be no discussion at all of the race of those committing the crimes. The only time race should be discussed is it affects whether or not the crimes are investigated.

If found guilty, they should be castrated.

Why didn't Corbyn say that?

I really should be one of his policy advisers.
          He has policy advisers?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Let me explain my comment from last night. The first sentence quoted from the Mail said "showed there was a particular problem with Pakistani men"

Corbyn replied to say that he thinks "it is wrong to designate an entire community as the problem"

And the thread title is "Corbyn leaves reality behind again" and the comment by the OP is "oh dear"

So, three simple phrases that look pretty much like someone is saying that Corbyn is not living in the real world because he doesn't think all Pakistani men are a particular problem.

...and that is why I made the comment I did last night.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Or if there maybe is actually a problem with a minority group of people committing the largest amount of a particularly horrible crime.
              Maybe we should discuss it as ignoring it has either worsened, or created the initial problem.

There is NO reason to NOT discuss truth and facts however unappealing they may be to some groups.
              I disagree very strongly. That is the road to hell.

Yugoslavia was a good country until 1989. By 1991 it was Dantes Inferno.

Comment

I disagree very strongly. That is the road to hell.

Yugoslavia was a good country until 1989. By 1991 it was Dantes Inferno.
                I disagree strongly with you.

You cannot hide facts. The truth will out.
                We should not be scared too talk about uncomfortable truths.

Here's a parallel. The Metroplitan Police were found to be 'institutionally racist' after the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
                Not all police were, but there was a wider problem with the institution. It was painful for them to learn and they are better because of it.

We're not Yugolsvia. Most British people are reasonable. We must have the debate, but not run by the newspapers or extremists (which is what IS happening now). The mainstream need to engage and not deny.

Note that BNP were accusing Pakistani men of this crime before there was any evidence. Lucky guess or is there more knowledge that the mainstream will accept?

As a sidenote. Yugoslavia wasn't fine before it went to hell. It was just controlled.
                Last edited by Lance; 18 August 2017, 08:24.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Here's a parallel. The Metroplitan Police were found to be 'institutionally racist' after the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
                  Not all police were, but there was a wider problem with the institution. It was painful for them to learn and they are better because of it.
                  Personally I strongly disagreed with this finding and I don't believe it did the police any good.

The BNP probably made the Pakistani thing alot worse. Those investigating might not have want to have been seen to be pandering to them. Though they should have investigated regardless of race.

Bigots will always find something to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You have the facts to show it's the Pakistanis doing this and not other ethnicities? I haven't seen data either way, does it exist?
                    Oh God, Mr goody goody Conciliator on his soap box again.

Nobody is impressed by your pathetic virtue signaling, especially in this case where the perps have been convicted and are generally known to have been mostly of Pakistani origin.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Why aren't the popular press also banging on about this:

Inquiry into sexual abuse of children calls for victims in South West to come forward | Plymouth Herald

Paedophile linked to Devon nursery has new secret identity blown by Christmas card | Devon Live
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X