• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee and bloating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is some evidence that drinking red wine in moderation ( i.e. 3-5 glasses a week) has positive health effects.
    So if you can manage to be moderate do that.

Red Wine: Good or Bad?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      There is some evidence that drinking red wine in moderation ( i.e. 3-5 glasses a week) has positive health effects.
      So if you can manage to be moderate do that.

Red Wine: Good or Bad?
      If you're going down that route you should expand it into all areas of your life.

Comment

And it's not just soft drinks;

50g of sugar in a 500ml bottle. Or 12.5 teaspoons of sugar.

Christ knows how many oranges you need to squeeze to get 500ml of juice? 20 maybe.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
          Anyone found this?

Never been a big coffee drinker, preferring to spend £3-odd on food rather than a Costa/Starbucks, though had maybe one normal cup a week. Recently started to have a couple of double espressos each day from the ClientCo vending machine (200ml?) to get me through the 14:00-15:00 post-lunch tiredness, which does work to be fair. No other changes to (generally fairly healthy) diet.

New symptoms:
          - General feeling bloatedness; digestive system feels like the roads round Dover during a French blockade of Calais.
          - Always feeling full, hardly ever hungry, like I could just eat snacks for meals and be OK.
          - Not losing weight despite this

Gonna try without for a couple of weeks but just wanted to see if this is familiar territory.
          For many people, the microscopic particles in ground coffee can cause inflammation of the intestines and even piles, and it sounds like you may be one of these people. So I'd switch to instant coffee toot de sweet, and you'll probably find your symptoms soon improve.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            There is some evidence that drinking red wine in moderation ( i.e. 3-5 glasses a week) has positive health effects. So if you can manage to be moderate do that.
            I could probably stick to that amount.

Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

I only drink red wine or cider on a weekend
              I aim for 2 litres of water/squash a day but probably fall a bit short
              No carbs? Can't see how anyone could do this, for me a proper meal involves 1) Protein (Cheese/Meat) 2) Fruit/Veg 3) Carbs (one of them four) Isn't that the Atkins diet? That was shown to be a load of tulip wasn't it?

I might try peppermint tea instead of coffee, see if that helps the old gut.
              1. Stop drinking squash - it contains sugar you don't need

2. Drink to thirst - you may need more than 2 litres or less depending on weather, exercise, illness..... There is absolutely no science behind drinking 2 litres a day. Research was done first by the medical doctor and sports science professor Tim Noakes that this was a con to help the sports drink and bottled water companies, and it's since been backed up by other scientists and medical doctors.

3. Low carb diets don't mean no carb. You can eat vegetables - they can contain carbs - and sweet potatoes instead of potatoes. Depending if you whether you are diabetic, pre-diabetic or not you can then add in a small amount of one of bread, pasta, normal potatoes OR breakfast cereal into your diet per day.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                And it's not just soft drinks;

50g of sugar in a 500ml bottle. Or 12.5 teaspoons of sugar.

Christ knows how many oranges you need to squeeze to get 500ml of juice? 20 maybe.
                12 teaspoons?! WTF!?

I thought they could call juice "pure" only if there was no added effing sugar!!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  1. Stop drinking squash - it contains sugar you don't need
                  Sorry I meant cordial e.g. Vimto.

I started saying squash (I think it's a regional thing) as I once asked for a "Pint of Blackcurrant Cordial" in a pub and the guy was like "What? A pint of this? " [holds up the bottle] so I said "Yes... Diluted, obviously?"

But with hindsight maybe he was just as thick as pigtulip.
                  Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                  "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Sorry I meant cordial e.g. Vimto.

I started saying squash (I think it's a regional thing) as I once asked for a "Pint of Blackcurrant Cordial" in a pub and the guy was like "What? A pint of this? " [holds up the bottle] so I said "Yes... Diluted, obviously?"

But with hindsight maybe he was just as thick as pigtulip.
                    I know what squash and cordial are.

They both contain loads of sugar.

I had to learn not to drink it and drink water instead.

Edited to say: Common people call it squash while posher people call it cordial.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 18 August 2017, 11:44.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      12 teaspoons?! WTF!?

I thought they could call juice "pure" only if there was no added effing sugar!!
                      The maker of Tropicana is - linky

HINT - look at the URL in your browser.

So now are you surprised by the amount of sugar it contains?

Comment

Working...
                      X