• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee and bloating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Well they're small plastic cups, but yep I wanted to see if the caffeine boost works so just cranked it to the max.
    I had a double espresso cos I was feeling a bit tired after an over night ferry to portsmouth from France - 1 am the following morning I was still wired and could not sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Oh FFS, I posted links to a series of articles explaining what a load of bollocks that is just a few days ago. Pay attention, people!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Oh FFS, I posted links to a series of articles explaining what a load of bollocks that is just a few days ago. Pay attention, people!
        I found your dickpic locator link more interesting...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

New symptoms:
          - General feeling bloatedness; digestive system feels like the roads round Dover during a French blockade of Calais.
          - Always feeling full, hardly ever hungry, like I could just eat snacks for meals and be OK.
          - Not losing weight despite this

Gonna try without for a couple of weeks but just wanted to see if this is familiar territory.
          Yep it's familiar for MF. He's decided to drop the espresso in favour of a glass of water to go with his Greggs 3 pies,Cornish Pastie and 4 doughnut lunch. Says he feels much better and could eat it all again, which he generally does.

HTH
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            12 teaspoons?! WTF!?
            I used to stop at an Aldi on the walk to work to grab a yogurt drink (500ml). "A watered down yoghurt" I thought, a good bit of goodness in the morning.

Then one day I read the ingredients, 65g of sugar!
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

I used to stop at an Aldi on the walk to work to grab a yogurt drink (500ml). "A watered down yoghurt" I thought, a good bit of goodness in the morning.

Holy guacamole! That's nauseating

There really should be a massive tax on added sugar. But it won't happen while Jamaica remains in the Commonwealth.

(I know fruit juice contains quite a bit of sugar already, and that's fair enough, not much one can do about it.)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                12 teaspoons?! WTF!?

I thought they could call juice "pure" only if there was no added effing sugar!!
                https://www.tropicana.co.uk/our-prod...tra-juicy-bits

Pretty much, just checked their website. 9.1g per 100ml.

4g is one teaspoon. So 9.1 x 5 / 4 = 11.375 teaspoons (using their latest nutritional info).
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Coffee and bloating

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  You can post what you like. It's not BS it's absolutely legit.

Comment

Wow. Thats 16.25 teaspoons.

Eek!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Coffee can give me gut rot, with or without milk.

If you are serious about weight loss then follow these principles;

Stop drinking alcohol
                      Drink water - and lots of it
                      Avoid tea and coffee / green tea is ok
                      Do not eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes

Your liver is an essential organ when metabolising fat. By following the above you keep it in peak performance.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
                      You know, I've dabbled with keto in the past but there's a good argument to be made that his is *not* a diet that should be taken on by anybody without medical supervision. It's an extreme diet and one that is usually prescribed by doctors in extreme cases.

http://angry-chef.com/blog/the-natur...rnative-part-1

There's no one size fits all approach to weight loss, but the best general advice that can be given is: eat a balanced range of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, reduce alcohol intake, increase vegetable intake, consumer fewer calories than you expend on a daily basis, exercise and instead of demonising any one particular food as "bad", just try and cut out or reduce the high calorie foods that you personally find addictive or know that you eat too much of - that could be bread, cakes, sweets, lattes, pizza etc.

There is nothing inherently unhealthy about bread, pasta, rice or potatoes - its just that a lot of overweight people have a tendency to overeat some or all of these foods. If you can't get through the day without eating more than 2 slices of bread, then maybe stop buying bread for a while.
                      Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 18 August 2017, 12:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X