• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ok, which of you northerners is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, which of you northerners is this?

Man admits being drunk in charge of a horse and cart - BBC News

F'kin plebs. I can reverse a carriage down a chicane of bone china after two bottles of claret. And this tool hit a car after four pints?

Having said that, I understand South Milford is a reasonably affluent area. Imagine what would happen if the likes of NLUK were let loose with what he probably refers to as "an 'oss".

Comment

I always thought that if you were lying senseless drunk in the back you could rely upon the defence that the horse was in charge.

Comment

At least the car he hit only suffered a scratch. It could have been worse....

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
          F'kin plebs. I can reverse a carriage down a chicane of bone china after two bottles of claret.
          Only because the missus keeps a tight rein on you....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Only because the missus keeps a tight rein on you....
            : reign

Comment

Northerners? Oh yes, because they're famous for horse and carts.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                : reign
                nope.
                It's definitely rein in this context.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Northerners? Oh yes, because they're famous for horse and carts.
                  That is so last century. The rag and bone men use vans, while the breweries with horses were sold off and the buildings became flats. One reason why breeds that are used as cart horses are on the endangered species list.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X