• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MAMIL Mayhem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAMIL Mayhem

Drove through Richmond park this morning which was the usual MAMIL convention until a dog ran out in front of a car, car stopped in time but hit the dog but not hard enough for it to run into a MAMIL who went over his handlebars, splat onto the road and almost caused a complete MAMIL pileup...

Dog was OK after it all thankfully... If there had been three abreast MAMILs behind the one that went for a Berton it would have been a different story - especially if they'd been ignoring the 20 MPH speed limit which apparently doesn't apply to them...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

How is WTFH enjoying it?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The 20mph speed limit applies to bikes in Richmond Park. Have a closer look at some of the signs.

The Royal Parks have their own by-laws and the parks police can stop then fine and remove you from the park if you break them.

On shared paths the speed limit is half that and people on foot have priority, and cycles can't use the bridal paths or go off road/path.

Also the dog should have been on a lead or otherwise under control. The owner can be prosecuted for not having the dog under control in a Royal Park.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The 20mph speed limit applies to bikes in Richmond Park. Have a closer look at some of the signs.

The Royal Parks have their own by-laws and the parks police can stop then fine and remove you from the park if you break them.

On shared paths the speed limit is half that and people on foot have priority, and cycles can't use the bridal paths or go off road/path.

Also the dog should have been on a lead or otherwise under control. The owner can be prosecuted for not having the dog under control in a Royal Park.
        Tell that to the MAMILs - good luck with that...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Tell that to the MAMILs - good luck with that...
          No need.

While the police prefer to hound commercial vehicles every now and then they do this -

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-10099781.html

And if walking or running on a foot path you just pretend not to hear them so they have to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            No need.

While the police prefer to hound commercial vehicles every now and then they do this -

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-10099781.html

And if walking or running on a foot path you just pretend not to hear them so they have to stop.
            I've seen them not stop when the deer are crossing the road - everyone stops for the deer...

Comment

everyone stops for the deer...

Comment

Fenton! Fenton! Fenton!

Comment

I've seen them not stop when the deer are crossing the road - everyone stops for the deer...
                  More fool those particular cyclists.

In about a month the stags get really aggressive.

Comment

I feckin didn't, damn thing leapt on my bonnet from 6 feet up. I'm thinking oh well I get some venison and the bloody thing runs off. Hard to explain why your Volvo has a deer shaped dent in it
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X