• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Went to the smoke

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the smoke

Morning All,

you'll all be pleased to know that based upon the social pressure from the folks at CUK Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family went to the smoke last Wednesday.

We flew in sleazy jet to Gatwick and went to collect a Passat which I had pre-ordered from Avis.

Using the usual Benes charm I got us upgraded at no extra charge to a C Klasse Merc which was more fun, naturally I took the extra insurance so that when I subsequently ragged it round the fields in the FoD we wouldn't get any unpleasant surprises.

We drove up to the smoke, having a family room booked at the Travel Lodge in covent garden.

My children always find that drive exciting, coming from a village it is a change for them to drive through the heart of saaf London and into the center

We intended to spend Wednesday evening walking down to Buckingham Palace and back, but got stuck on Oxford street, my daughters wanted to go in every shop and then via Hamleys down to china town for an all one can eat buffet and then to bed

Thursday morning we got up, ate as much as we could (well I did anyway) at the Travel Lodge all you can eat English breakfast and then we walked down to St Pauls then across the river lunch in Borough Market down to Tower Bridge across round the Tower up into the City and another snack by the Stock Exchange and then back to the NCP at High Holborn to collect the car and drive up to the West country.

As I had worried, there was an attack on Thursday, luckily not in London but unluckily in Barcelona. Our thoughts are with those poor souls.

I can confirm, central London is as beautiful as ever, we love it and will be back again.

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I can confirm, central London is as beautiful as ever, we love it and will be back again.
    Not many chances left to visit now. Soon it will be a UK citizen only zone.

Comment

Morning All,

you'll all be pleased to know that based upon the social pressure from the folks at CUK Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family went to the smoke last Wednesday.

We flew in sleazy jet to Gatwick and went to collect a Passat which I had pre-ordered from Avis.

Using the usual Benes charm I got us upgraded at no extra charge to a C Klasse Merc which was more fun, naturally I took the extra insurance so that when I subsequently ragged it round the fields in the FoD we wouldn't get any unpleasant surprises.

We drove up to the smoke, having a family room booked at the Travel Lodge in covent garden.

My children always find that drive exciting, coming from a village it is a change for them to drive through the heart of saaf London and into the center

We intended to spend Wednesday evening walking down to Buckingham Palace and back, but got stuck on Oxford street, my daughters wanted to go in every shop and then via Hamleys down to china town for an all one can eat buffet and then to bed

Thursday morning we got up, ate as much as we could (well I did anyway) at the Travel Lodge all you can eat English breakfast and then we walked down to St Pauls then across the river lunch in Borough Market down to Tower Bridge across round the Tower up into the City and another snack by the Stock Exchange and then back to the NCP at High Holborn to collect the car and drive up to the West country.

As I had worried, there was an attack on Thursday, luckily not in London but unluckily in Barcelona. Our thoughts are with those poor souls.

Milan.
      Great news. And have you changed your underpants yet?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Not many chances left to visit now. Soon it will be a UK citizen only zone.
        by that time I'll have dual citizenship

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Great news. And have you changed your underpants yet?

no, not yet, but I turned them the other way round last week

Milan.

Comment

Morning All,

Milan.
            Oh god what did we do wrong.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

... naturally I took the extra insurance ...
              For less than £50 a year, you can get hire car excess insurance. Some credit cards also offer it at no extra charge.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X