• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lexus or Jaguar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I currently have a Jaguar XJ 350

I was given the next model, an XJ X351 I think, as a courtesy car while mine was being serviced, and I thought it seemed slightly plasticky and less substantial than mine.

So maybe once my current car conks out I'll change tack and buy a second hand Lexus. Anyone own a Lexus? What model would you recommend for under say £20K and equivalent to a 3 litre Jag?

I'm not interested in pushing the boat out and spending much more, as a car for me is nothing more than a contraption for getting reliably from A to B.
    A Jag or a Toyota? That's not even a question...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      A Tata or a Toyota? That's not even a question...
      FTFY
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You say Tata I say Toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          You say Tata I say Toyota.
          What is a Jedi's favourite car...A Toyoda...g

Yes, I'm here all week
          Last edited by kaiser78; 21 August 2017, 20:19.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            blah blah blah ...... around say £20K ........ blah blah blah
            You can get a Bentley Continental 6.0 GT 2dr for around that.
            Last edited by bluetoaster; 21 August 2017, 20:32.

Comment

I had a Lexus GS300, load of crap. American-style barge on wheels, flogged it as soon as I bought it.

Got an Alfa 166 instead, 2.0TS, tuned motor, sports exhaust, almost dry sump, loved that car, I'm getting aroused thinking about it......

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
                You can get a Bentley Continental 6.0 GT 2dr for around that.
                Costs peanuts to run too. Say £2k a month for servicing, repairs and petrol.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  Costs peanuts to run too. Say £2k a month for servicing, repairs and petrol.
                  As mentioned in my previous post, my good friend bought a Audi A8 W12 (same engine as the Continental, just not turbo charged) with about 110K on it. That's 443bhp and it cost him £4K. It does help that his folks own a garage, still it's not cost him huge money to run so far. I think it's magic, mainly because it was only £4K and it's like spaceship.

Comment

As mentioned in my previous post, my good friend bought a Audi A8 W12 (same engine as the Continental, just not turbo charged) with about 110K on it. That's 443bhp and it cost him £4K. It does help that his folks own a garage, still it's not cost him huge money to run so far. I think it's magic, mainly because it was only £4K and it's like spaceship.
                    The engine should also last a few decades. Even the 3l and 4.2l oil burners are long lasting
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've always fancied the 5.2 V10 Audi S6.

With a Milltek exhaust - they sound epic!

https://youtu.be/md282zmnpT8

Lamborghini engine.

Bet it's a money pit.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X